Hi, complete trading noob here

As the title states, I am a complete noob who works from home currently and have developed a lot of discipline as a result. I want a way to make extra money but I am in no way rushing the process or looking for a get rich quick scheme. The goal for me is to set myself up for success so that my future self will thank my current self for starting to learn FOREX and trading in general. School of Pips was such an amazing resource and I am shocked that more people don’t utilize it!

Well that was my short intro and any words of encouragement are welcome on my new FOREX journey.

Peace!

1 Like

Welcome! I wish you good luck and find properity in you trading journey! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, all sensible new traders want a way to make extra money, but the reality for 85% is that they will fail according to USA trading statistics over many years.

What you should be considering is are you prepared to spend several years to become a consistent and successful profitable trader - because this time frame has to be accepted as being the reality.

Tips are -
Develop a Zen mindset to overcome emotional challenges. This is critical.
Manage risk exposure to protect your account. This is also critical.
Use a demo account to practice and experiment how to develop a profitable strategy and solid process for every trade. This is key
Aim and continue to persevere to become a trend trader to increase your long term chances of being successful.
Let rewards, if any, take care of themselves.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Hello and welcome, Fast3ddie! Enjoy your stay and looking forward to hearing more about your trading journey. Good luck!

1 Like

Do you have a good recommendation for starting a Demo account?

You joined a few days ago and you already graduated the School of Pipsology. :thinking: That seems like you’re rushing it.

1 Like

Ive been doing the school of pips in its entirety for the last 3 months. I just joined the forum when i actually completed the courses. I in no way rushed that…

Aim to google a regulated broker who covers your country’s residency. And when you go live, the broker must have separated clients accounts from their own. For example, TD365.

1 Like

Love that you even have the title here to prove it! Good stuff. My only advice is to really stick to “I am in no way rushing the process”. I’ve seen so many people write that here only to disappear a few months later. Definitely stay motivated and patient!

1 Like

Welcome! It’s great that you’re taking the time to learn forex without rushing things. Continue your efforts to learn and best of luck on your trading journey.

1 Like

I made a mistake. I’ve always thought the joined date meant the day we signed up for babypips. It’s only now that I realized that it means the day we joined the forums. Sorry about that. :sweat_smile:

Congrats on graduating from the School of Pipsology in 3 months.

1 Like

Welcome and good luck. Lots of info and advice to be found on here. Hope to see you around. :pray::pray:

1 Like