Hi Everyone - Refreshing My Knowledge Of Forex Again

Hi My name’s Paul.

I first traded FX about 12 years ago when i stumbled across it online, i paid £2,500 for a 10 DVD set course, which included email support and a support website where you could get daily roundups from the course creator (we never knew his name, he was just Mr X lol). To be fair it was a great course and at first i made money, but then i let emotions get the better of me, ignored the rules and lost my pot money, shame, as the buzz of winning was exilerating to say the least, £250 in 2 minutes was my best, not fantastic but considering that at the time i only earned a £100 a day as a gardener it was pretty special to me.

Sadly once i lost my account money i just gave up, and have not looked at it till this morning, i’m not sure if i’ll go back in yet, but maybe i’m older and hopefully wiser. I’m going through the course from the start to refresh my memory, i was tempted to get my old course out but i’m sure too much has changed on the platforms since then.

Anyway good luck everybody, but please be careful.

I’m from the UK if anyone wants to connect.

1 Like

Aww. :open_mouth: Thank you for sharing your story Paul. :open_mouth: I’m sorry that happened to you. :confused: If you ever decide to get in again, we’ll always be here to support you and I’m sure there are a lot of people here who would also be willing to help you once you’re really determined to do it. :slight_smile: Good luuuck!

1 Like

Hello and welcome, Paul! Thanks for your reminder. I think most of newbie traders also lose their account. Don’t lose hope and learn as much as you can. Good luck!

1 Like

loss is a common attitude in here that cant avoid even professional traders. dont be frustrated and try to kick off learning as much you can.

1 Like

Welcome back @Paulh4. I’m sure you’re all keen to get back into forex trading, just beware, Brexit has made the GBP, EUR and CHF highly unpredictable and sensitive to nonsense like journalists’ tweets. Other major pair D1 and W1 charts are about as flat as Norfolk. Don’t rush in.

1 Like

Thanks for all your kind replies, I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet, but I shall continue with the training.

I would love to know if there are many people on here who have gone on to give up their jobs to trade full time.
Paul

Welcome to bp @Paulh4. Maybe you can start trading with a demo account first. See where that takes you. :blush: