Hi everyone ! What would be a wise start?

Hi everyone,

I’m Cédric, a french guy currently living in Mexico.
I’m totally new to trading and my goal here is to learn how to develop my own trading plans within coming years.

I would like to begin my learning by demo trading only one pair of currency and during the NY session. But as my current work time is not adapted, would it be wise to train everyday on the pasts 2018 NY session as if it were the current happening NY session ?

Have all a good day !

Hey Cédric, my advice would be dont limit yourself to trading only one currency, reason i say this is because some times a currency can stay in a tight range for some time and you would be limiting yourself, there could be good opportunities in other currencies while your trading a currency that isn’t moving much. Also my advice to new traders is to always trade higher time frames, so the session at which you trade isn’t that much important. Good luck

Hey TP89, thanks for this advice.

Hence I will have to focus the fundamental analysis not only on one session but also on the others sessions/world_regions. That will be a lot more work :slight_smile:

You should look for trade ideas that resonate with you and keep your position size small while you’re less experienced.

Hey great to see you,

Probably best to check out the education section,

best of luck

Before doing anything trading, even in demo, read read and read. Learn whatever you can about the markets, I I’ll help to understand more when starting out, even on demo.

1 Like

Trade on demo account but do it in real time. Set out your rules for trades in advance - prices after entry can only go up a little or a lot, or down a little or a lot, so it is humanly possible to plan for all eventualities. Follow your rules but note what you did and what happened then and definitely if you failed to follow your rules or if a rule was plain wrong.
Good luck with it all.

Just thought I would say welcome. Hope you find the answers your looking for.