Hi Guys I am Lee from London

I thought I would say hello, I have been trading on and off for about 15 years in the Forex market, and I have learned a lot during this time but have not always been able to apply it.

As I am naturally quite introverted, I decided it was time to stop being a lone wolf and join a pack of wolves, as I feel that can help when you have other traders who understand Forex and the struggles and emotions that come with it.

Friends and family don’t really get it but I love them anyway and the people here I expect have some sort of interest in Forex and that’s why I am here.

I look forward to connecting with other like-minded individuals and trying to help people by adding my two cents if I think it can help. I have done many many mistakes throughout my Forex Journey and hopefully, I can share a few experiences so someone can gain some wisdom from it

Thanks Lee

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Perhaps you could share why, after fifteen years of FX trading what is your current situation, and your mistakes that cost you. Best of luck.

most welcome abroad in this community , have a very good journey from this trading place. happy trading , good luck

hi and welcome

can you please make sure whats your trading condition is right now ?

feel free to ask any question you need to know , this community is really friendly and supportive. good luck

Hi! You’ve been trading for quite a while, that’s impressive! I hope to say I’ve been at it for that long in the future. Glad that you decided to join here :grin:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question, where I am at now with my trading is that it is a nice 2nd stream of income if I choose to take profits.

I have other accounts that I grow as a lot of my trading is done part time I am profitable, not a millionaire but I can use the funds to invest in other ventures and enjoy some of my profits and help family out, I dont always win every trade and by trading part time it allows me to keep my mind on other things in my life as I went through a period of Fear Of Missing Out as all I was thinking about was the next trade this opportunity and that.

It wasnt good for my trading or me mentally the stress that I placed on my self during that period was a lot, now its less stressful.

The feeling of FOMO can still come at times but now I will pull myself away from a screen and find something to do.

I also have a trading plan which helps big time with my discipline and keeps my accountable along with journaling.

I think being undisciplined and being too greedy as in over leveraging or taking too big posittons for my account wanting to make that big trade pay has cost my a lot of money in the past.

I did make a few big winners but I soon gave the market back its money by trying to think that I was smarter than the market.

As I have seen a few market cycles you tend to see things happening again and again and if you are patient you can ride the trends but the most difficult part is waiting.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome Neil its really appreciated

Hi Haden thank you for the welcome it is really kind of you.

Hi Peter, I explained a little in my reply to Steve thhank you for commenting on my post

Nice one Ashan thank you I will do :pray:

I am sure you will do Heaven, just stay disciplined and don’t give up and you will get there. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey fellow Londoner! Nice to hear from a seasoned trader. Glad you’re getting back into it. I’d say ask for advice, but I’ll prob be asking you!:grin:

Hey Blue2 Great to see you are Londoner as well mate!

Thanks for the warm welcome, I am always learning when it comes to trading, so I will be asking you too we can bounce off of each other! :grinning:

An excellent reponse, I hope every newbie will read and take note of the reality of FX trading.

BTW I was born in London, emigrated to Thailand on my retirement. I’m a hobbiest breakeven profitable trader, two and a half years into writing my daily journal, now 42K words.

My best wishes Lee, of continuing expertise. . .

Hey Steve, that’s great I hope you are enjoying your retirement in Thailand, 42k words in your journal thats pretty impressive mate. I don’t know about you but when I look back over my journal it is really interesting to see my progress and how my thinking about trading has changed…

1 Like

Yes good honest posts Lee

Hey Lee, I hope you achieve your new goals. Good luck to you and remember patience is key so be aware and make swift moves.

Welcome to babypips Lee.

Its refreshing to read your realistic posts, clearly based on personal experience in forex - most new members are also brand new traders. They are the life-blood of babypips and need support but all they bring - all they can bring - is ambition. I look forward to your posts.

1 Like