Hi i am new to babypips

Hi my name is ryan im from south africa. im new to learning forex trading and my goal is to be in a better place financially in the next 5-10 years.

You can learn forex from the educational section of Babypips.

Only 1% of traders make it to 10 years, so you have a mountain to climb. That’s not to say it’s impossible to become a long-term profitable trader, but it’s the reality. Which means Education and Experience is key to success. Add being able to manage and control your emotions, and you begin to see how rocky the path is.

You can begin your education by pressing the green button above, take it easy one step at a time, and see if FX trading suits you and your lifestyle. If you are still here in a couple of weeks, open a demo account with a regulated broker - not eToro - and practice/experiment with the chart platform until you become familiar and proficient in running trades.

Then aim to open a small LIVE account which is a different ball game. Expect losses which is part of the challenge, so keep risk exposure small by trading on leverage of not more than 100:1 and lot size at 0.01 - 0.03. Aim to keep losses small by not risking more than 5% of open trades per day.

Discipline and patience are key. Soon, you will see social media marketing hype is fantasyland. But have fun and enjoy your time trading FX.

Hi Steve nice to meet you and thank you for the advice and I understand what you mean when you said I have a mountain to climb ,so this journey is going to be a pretty tough one. If it was easy then everyone would be making a ton of money from FX lol but I plan on educating myself well and staying working hard.

Thanks again for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Jennifer thank you for the help

Welcome to the community, Ryan. Be ready to put in the hard work as you go along the learning process. Good luck on your fx trading journey.