Hi I’m New and looking to learn!

Hi all, new here and new to trading. Instead of attempting to jump the gun, I want to learn as much as possible.

Could you therefore let me know the best books to read and the best demo trading account please?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Welcome to this great education site that has more than plenty to occupy your learning process for months. Take it easy, one step at a time. See if it suits you and your lifestyle.

As for a demo account Google best regulated broker reviews.

As for books, there are three new ones which I’ve read and recommend. The emphasis, apart from providing you with a pathway to being a proficient trader, is on how to react to emotional challenges.

1.The Psychology of Trading - Jason Jankovsky
2. The Zen Trader - Peter Castle
3. Best Loser Wins - tradertom.com.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Thanks Steve, much appreciated!

I have just finished reading trading in the zone which is all about the emotional aspects of trading. I hear that this is a key to trading and so I’m happy to learn more about that.

Would you recommend any YouTube channels such as trader Tom or do you think that will bamboozle me before learning the basics?

Thanks again!

Etienne Crete has high class trading visitors on his YouTube channel. Many would support your learning journey.

As for basics, focus on yourself. to be successful you need to know yourself inside out, and how you react when trading live - which is a whole new ballgame than practising on a demo account.

Aim to develop a simple profitable strategy and process that you can stick with for every trade you make. Consistency is a target, so is discipline and patience.

hope that helps.

Thanks Steve, much appreciated!

Apart from technical and fundamental knowledge, you need to maintain a proper mindset too. Read Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas. It is an amazing book on psychology.

Thanks! Yes just finished trading in the zone and now reading best loser wins. Any recommendations on books regarding the more technical analysis side, please?

Hello and welcome!

As for books, I’ll admit I’ve always been more into learning online through reading articles and watching videos, so I haven’t read many trading books.

I don’t think there is a best demo account, but it is helpful to find one that doesn’t expire and to use a broker where you can contact support quickly if you want to have funds added to your demo account. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck waiting around for an email reply.

Hi, welcome. These books are good in order to start your trading journey -

• The New Market Wizards – Jack Schwager.
  • The Art of Currency Trading – Brent Donnelly.
  • Currency Trading for Dummies – Brian Dolan and Kathleen Brooks.

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is commendable that you are eager to learn about trading before entering the market. You can read these books to learn the fundamentals of forex trading.

1. Forex Trading: The Basics Explained in Simple Terms - Jim Brown
  2. How to Make a Living Trading Foreign Exchange - Courtney D. Smith
  3. Day Trading and Swing Trading the currency market - Kathy Lien

Yes, you are following a good strategy. It is always good to acquire good knowledge and expertise before entering into the market. Learning comes first and it opens the door for better earnings.

Trade Like Pro by Jode Lebin is pretty good