Hi, I'm Lorimer Stankins

Hello I am here now! I am a lazy stoner who is capable of hard focused work for small stretches of time. I am learning forex for the first time in hopes that I can use it to make money without having to do go anywhere or do very much or have a boss and stuff.

Before the pandemic I worked at a restaurant and I like that just fine but maybe I can learn forex well enough to make some extra money. My restaurant has closed because of the pandemic so I have nothing to do but study forex. I started by reading all of the courses in babypips, and then I started watching youtube videos and listening to podcasts about forex.

I am mostly interested in technical analysis and trend trading. Lately I’ve been backtesting indicators with the intent of building a strategy based around the few that win the most often. I’ve had trouble getting MT4 apps to work on my macbook so I have been backtesting using tradingview.

It is a pleasure to be a part of this community and I’m already very impressed by the ideas and contributions I’ve seen from other posters. If you have any advice or questions for me, please do not hesitate to get in touch or post them here.

Thank you!

Hi and welcome on BP :slight_smile: trading on the forex market is a hard piece of bread, learn and be patient also you need to know MT4 platformwas created for Windows OS so you can’t install it on Mac without addition. Regards Greg

1 Like

Thank you (and thank you for answering my questions in other threads)! yeah i’ve been trying to use the “Metatrader 4 MTrading” and Oanda’s fxTradePractice apps. With the latter I’ve had login issues and the former works but the charts show different prices than on other platforms like Tradingview and the Metatrader4 app for iphone.

There seem to be other threads about trying to use mt4 on mac (though none recent) so hopefully I can find some addition or app that will help.

you can use emulator call “wine”, but if you want trading with Expert Advisor better is use VPS with windows, this is more stable solution. Regards Greg

1 Like

Interesting! I haven’t heard anyone else recommending using VPS and I have no idea how to use one. why wouldn’t ExpertAdvisors won’t work using emulators like Wine?

I wouldn’t use Wine. I tried it and had several issues with it. I suggest you consider Parallels Desktop instead. A license will run you $80 but it works very well. You will also need a copy of MS Windows.

1 Like

VPS is a computer like any other computer, except that you connect to it remotely and it works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I did not say that Expert Advisor (or rather the platform on which it is located) will not work, I said this is a less stable solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like