Hi starting to trade

hi starting to trade

Looks like you already have! :slight_smile:

Good to hear you are doing ok so far, welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Success paper trading does not translate. Do yourself a favor and start with just 1K.

2 Likes

Demo trading and live trading are two very different things (as I guess you already know!)

Demo is great for testing new things and getting a feel how a method works out in real time. You lose nothing so’s you can try everything regardless of risk/money management considerations - they can come later!

Live trading adds the scare/care of trading your own money. Here, risk and money management come to the front as well as your entry/exit criteria

1 Like

Glad you joined up just to tell us that. Now we can all retire in peace and save our money! :smiley:

1 Like

Hey m also new to this forum.kindly help me in winning trades

The benefit and problem with RSI, MACD and any other indicator that is based on MA type calculations is that they work perfectly while and if markets are moving in lovely sine-wave type patterns . You just fit them to the historic patterns and trade away…

But markets do NOT move like that, unfortunately. These type indicators may be good for identifying or confirming entry levels but are notoriously slow when used for exits - that is simply a mathematical fact derived from the way they are constructed.

If you gear such indicators to catch long term moves then they will whip you to bits on the prolonged consolidation periods. If, on the other hand, you gear them to short term moves then you will probably miss most of the occasional big moves.

That does not mean they are just some form of “excrement”, it just means you need to apply some personal commonsense to what these indicators are suggesting in the context of the way the market is currently performing overall

1 Like

I guess the only sensible conclusion that one can draw from this thread is that it is a total waste of time stepping up to the plate to try and offer any help to Newbies. At least this shows why successful traders don’t bother with forums…I won’t be making this mistake again. The only point here that I can agree with is that it is indeed a lonely business being a consistent trader. Of well, sometimes even the obvious is not so obvious until it is shoved in your face! :smiley: :smiley:

I mean, what a total waste of time out of a saturday evening…

1 Like

Manxx, mostly they are just kids.

Now to the really serious thinking for the week ahead - risk appetite, get the feeling risk will be on so better to prepare our minds than be distracted.

Have a good Sunday.

Hey M, your post got me thinking. On _bob’s poll only 9 people participated, I mean if there were only 100 active members, and only 9 participated, wow that is sorry, I really can’t believe that with a controversial subject like this only 9 members would have interest. So I think there are only about 10 - 20 real active members, I guess I will never know for sure. Anyway, here is the point, I guess, maybe. I really enjoyed hanging out at The Traders Arms, but I really could not carry the whole site, and I got sick and had to leave, by the time I got back, well It kind of died off, and it makes sense that it did because trading is, just plain hard, most people are not successful at it.

I like to talk trading, the systems, the psychology, the back office issues, brokers, and due to my altruistic nature, it’s fun to help folks if I can, and participate. Now, I know Bpips benefits far more from me than I do from them, but it’s just fun for me. The issue is, weeding through the all of the nonsense here seems to be a job in itself, but I think, for me anyway, its kind of worth it, in a masochistic way. heehhehehe.

So we keep trying, hey if no one listens well it;s their money. What I find truly unbelievable is that someone here is following and advocating ICT here again, so I think it will be fun, and look forward to it. Anyway, I have recently had contact with a Rep who may be interested in backing a “Serious” Trading Site, but it would be a feeder site, so there is that. So its kind of difficult to run a site and keep up profitability, so I guess all of the weird stuff we see is just par for the site.

The Ever Balanced VIPER

1 Like