High impact news releases almost every day

Hi guys!
Please I’m a relatively new trader and based on recommendations its better for inexperienced traders to trade the daily timeframe and to avoid trading during high impact news releases.
I have noticed that for the last 3 weeks, there have always been one form of high impact news or the other on one or more of the majors like the USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, etc every week and almost every day. How then can one avoid the news and also trade with all these high impact news droping almost on a daily basis for weeks now. I will appreciate any helpful response Thank you!

Maybe embrace the news rather than avoid or fear it.

Get to know and understand current affairs as a starting point - figure the market as a single entity driven by either fear or greed.

Fear reacts, greed acts - ever notice on single instruments such as a stock index or commodity how quickly price will fall on news (fear) and how methodically it will rise?

You will encounter many who countenance that news is already priced in and therefore either avoid or ignore - likely about 80 - 90% agree - maybe because it’s easier to study the past than anticipate the future.

There is no such thing as a non news trader - we all trade the news whether we like it or not :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Economic calendar helps.

I love the first response. All you have to do is focus on one or two pairs and see what news affects it and why. Once you understand the what, direction and why of a pair, you can make money off it

You can try to filter the news instead of avoiding it completely.

News events can be dramatically positive as well as a risk. Many traders hold by the old saying that bad news comes out of downtrends - the classic example is the EUR/CHF collapse in early 15.

A while back I checked the 20 heaviest 1-day % losses on the Dow - 75% of them came out of downtrends. I can’t say how many occurred because of negative news but its likely to be a majority. In any case, it reinforces the old traders’ saying.

Trading on a longer time-frame reduces the risk of being accidentally stopped out by wider spreads or transient price volatility.

One can’t afford to avoid the news in trading.