High-Low Swinging

Good Morning SimonTemplar,

I must say you have inspired me to tweek my method for longer holds, so I spent all of my down day yesterday on the Daily and weekly charts and picked up some nice tricks and treats. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you very much for the feedback! It certainly helped my bottom line when I developed the method and confidence to hold some trades, and the trading style you describe on this thread seemed a good fit for it so I just thought that I would throw it in in case it was of interest.

It was a pleasure, I am very glad that you found it helpful. I don’t see this as a competitive game, so will always seek to help where I can.

ST

Hi Simon, yes I certainly believe once the confidence is developed it will pay off greatly. I also want to spend less time monitoring as I do now for 1-3 day swings. I hope I can pull on you every now and then as I get this together. Always open to learning. Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

Short Setup on this pair on the daily chart showing that we are likely to sell strongly. Key Resistance level for triggering strong selling is 1.6130. Immediate support at 1.6110, 1.6070.

PVSL Long Setup on H4 chart of this pair. Immediate resistance at 0.9270.

hey guys,

I’ve been out of the market for a few weeks because of things going on at work. i really missed a rally on the GU! does anyone think the upward trend will hold?

im thinking it may hit resistance at ~1.638 ish, but not really sure what will happen next.

Hi TWHM, I bought on Friday with 1.6342 and or 1.6400 as TP levels. I am currently short and will hold, if 1.6342 holds, for 1.6130 initially and lower,1.6050, 1.5970. Higher Low support on Daily crucial i.e. 1.6295.

Sorry for the delayed response, I am doing some tweaking.

Still Short on GBP/USD and adding to shorts according to the rules of the setups. Long Term Targets 1.5800-1.5600+. Medium Term 1.6130, 1.6075, 1.6050, 1.6000, 1.5980.

Continuing to add to shorts on all H1 PVSH and 11% resistance setups. TP adjusted to 1.5930-1.5900 for this week to early next week. Next stop 1.6130-1.6125.

this is comforting to read. i went short at 1.63 today and TP at 1.6255. got back in at 1.6251, and i think i will hold it for a few days now.

Hey TWHM, I am waiting to add another short below 1.6151 once we get a close below there. Added earlier near where you first entered, 1.6317. We are now in the middle of the rising channel on the H4 chart, hence the stall. This drop can go quiet far. Once 1.6220 is cleared it should be a free fall. Additionally we just went a few pips shy of the 2010 high and double topped there.

ive been sitting on my hands for a while. it seems to be snaged on ~1.6250. but im still holding.

Set a price alert and walk away :slight_smile:

you mean “get one with some real work” lmao

Quite right, I am Short this pair, too, from the double top that was mentioned a few posts ago. I am happy to enter trades live if I happen to be sitting there, but I entered this one using an order, and have a further order set to trigger should Price keep moving. 1.6250 has been a moderate level of resistance in the past, and given that Price has already moved so much of its daily range today, there might be insufficient momentum to do much more this late in the trading day. The underlying reason for the trade is still sound, though, so I would echo that, set an alert (or, better, place an order!) and go do something else. Once I trained myself to walk away my profitability moved up another notch. Once you know your strategy well, it does not take that long to scan for setups. I do this, enter live or place orders depending on how things look, then go away and do something else. I come back to check in, trail Stops etc., but sitting and waiting to enter is not something I would recommend if it goes on too long - too much temptation to go back over your original analysis and overcomplicate things, quite apart from the fact that it is nice to have some time away from the screen!

And yes, there are a few hurdles (when aren’t there?!) but it is quite possible that we could see a drop back down to 1.6000, imho.

Haha, I know what you mean. It helps to calm the nerves.

Hey Simon, good to know we are all swimming in the same boat south. Yes your’e quiet right about the daily range and downward momentum. Will see where we are at later.

Indeed, even if it surprises us and spikes out our Stops, at least we will all have companionship in our disappointment!!

Hahahaha! Quiet funny Simon! I hardly think this is a comforting post to all of us, nonetheless, we are in it together! :slight_smile: