High-Low Swinging

VT TRADER HELP

Is there anyone who can help with this problem? Since the last daylight savings change, I am not able to see the current 4hour and Daily candle.

Sorry, no idea about VT Trader. Maybe email their support desk?

Looking at E/U at the moment - looks like we’re stuck in the range of 1.4750-1.49 for the moment.

Until 1.4750 properly goes I’m staying bullish on this pair and will keep going long at the lower end of the range. I think it’ll take a break of 1.4650 to really have me change my mind on this pair.

Thanks PipBandit! I agree with you on this pair. I am currently long on EUR from previous shorts. Also long on EUR/JPY.

I agree entirely with your analysis - I took 75 pips yesterday morning going long at the bottom of the range, and a further 54 pips this morning doing the same thing. 2.5% total increase on my account, and will happily try the same again tomorrow if the pattern continues. Range trading is working pretty well at the moment on a few of the pairs, I am finding.

Yup, been doing exactly the same thing. Waiting for pullbacks to the bottom of the range and going long. Added about 1.9% this week so far with a couple of very simple trades. Long may the ranging continue!

Quite - it might not sound exciting, but at 1% or more a day I don’t care at all!

GM ALL, closed my EUR/USD and EUR/JPY trades. Short setup triggered on EUR/JPY H4 taken with eye on counter short setups at the 55% breakeven and early tp levels.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3651/ejshort.jpg

Short setup on GBP/USD H4, lets see how the level holds on testing. Not sure we will go further than T1 but will certainly wait around to see, should we get there.

http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/3658/gbshort.jpg

Short EUR/USD at previous 11% resistance.

Hello All!

So I have a question:

Yesterday, I opened a position on USD/JPY. I left it over night and this morning I checked and unfortunately it hit my stop. Nothing suprising there really. But when I checked my balance, I have made a (quite substantial) gain, even though it was a losing trade. I checked the history and it says I had an Interest payment. How can I make money even if I lost the trade? Did I accidentally make a very short term carry trade?

Anyway, hopefully going to get back into the “swing” of things this week. Last week I took a break so I’m itching to get back in.

Hi TWHM, are you sure you didnt take the opposite trade of what was intended? It happens you know, hit buy thinking I sold and so forth. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Happy Trading this week!

I’m certain it was the trade I intended as it was a limit order. Even so, I will double check and look into this further. Maybe you are right. Perhaps I had an order on another pair which I overlooked to cancel.

You must have had as there’s no real carry interest on USD/JPY. The Fed and the BOJ both have their rates set at 0.25% and 0.10% respectively so there’s not much to be had by playing this pair as a carry trade. Carry really only comes into play once the buy side of your currency pair has a reasonably higher central rate e.g. AUD/USD where RBA has their rate set at 4.75%. Even then it probably wouldn’t be enough to prevent you taking a loss from your stop loss being hit.

quoted from OANDA.

“Order: Interest, Market: GBP, Units: 1, Price: blanked out Date: 3/5/11 21:00”

Looks like it wasnt anything to do with my USD/JPY order. weird… whatever that 1 unit is… I want more of them haha

EUR/JPY Short paying off nicely. GBP/USD Short triggered. EUR/USD Short looking good…anticipated a false breakout here. 1.4650 a likely target and possibility, lower 1.4300-4260.

There’s rumour of a DNT option between 1.4750 and 1.4950 which expires on Friday. If true they’ve had a go at the upper band today and failed. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if they had a pop at the lower band (again) tomorrow.

Quiet an eventful day today! Both buyers and sellers were able to have their cake on EUR/USD. We still need to strongly close below 1.4745 support. For now I am watching that strong PVSH on the H4 that could mean the beginning of something beautiful.

NZD/USD Reached its first target level. EUR/JPY sold off strongly and I am expecting to see 118.20, lower 117.80 and as far as 115.00 on this pair. Critical support @ 119.45 H4 PVSH support, if/when price closes below here, we have strong resistance for continued selling.

GBP/USD gave nice shorting opportunity as well. Should selling continue I am looking for 1.6300 as the next target level.

In short, I am still holding these shorts and will see where they are at, at the close of the next H4 candle.

I didnt take this one, but it traded nicely as well and could be looking for as low as 1.0570.

Lots of cozy fur coats falling from the sky!!! :5:

EUR/USD and GBP/USD profits banked. Still short on EUR/JPY for first target 118.20…for now. Watching 119.20 support. 119.45 is a counter short setup level, with two converging PVSL highs. Any trigger off this level will be a strong one. Possibly a Long one.

Took Profits on my EUR/JPY shorts. Will see what tomorrow brings. Oooo, almost forgot…Up 13.2% on my account, so far, this week!

Happy Trading All!

13.2% is an extremely nice haul for the week. What do you risk per trade usually?