High-Low Swinging

This long is going well with first entry up 106pips and second 66pips. We are at the third BUY entry level at 115.20, which should give us a nice third entry once we get a close above.

+53pips on this trade. Will see where it takes us as the market tells.

Happy Trading!

Hey guys,

Its late, I’m tired. Im going to keep this short. got some trades that I am looking at for now. havent opened any positions, but these are my ideas off the daily charts:

short GBP/AUD @ @1.525

short EUR/USD @1.413

short USD CHF @ 0.878

going to be watching on the 4 hour charts as much as possible, trying to catch some longer trends. if i get my usual trades of ~30-40 pips, I wont bother you guys by posting it on here (unless anything interesting happens.)

bring on the pips.

TWHM

Closed all Longs:

EUR/JPY positions +113pips & +73pips,
GBP/USD +10pips,
EUR/USD +46pips

Your EUR/USD setup looking good TWHM, GBP/AUD looking like it has short setups 1.5345, 1.5328 and 1.5320. Not sure about CHF since it usually trades opposite to EUR.

Gonna get a nap. Had a holiday here today and had a full day. Back to work tomorrow.

GBP/USD H4 OLD PVSL SHORT SETUP 1.6130. Almost missed this one, but got an entry, now at Breakeven. This may also help with understanding how to trade these setups.

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/108/gbpsell.jpg

Really gone to bed now. :slight_smile:

Hey guys,
Looks like you’re starting the week off strong :slight_smile: I haven’t had a chance to look at any charts yet and am still digesting Banks review…awesome by the way, and exactly what I was hoping for to clear up some questions I had. Hope to have some time tomorrow to post any trades I find.

But wanted to say thanks again for posting that review and charts Bank!!

-Doc

USD CHF closed at -15 loss. Meh, still new to that pair. perhaps my stop was too tight.

No other trades open so far. EUR USD looking most likely to trigger the short.

One thing I find interesting is that, now that I am looking at daily or longer TFs , there are some HUGE trends going on.

Back to work,

TWHM

Good Morning Everyone,

I feel in a no-trading mood today. So I believe I will be off today. My GU short was hit at breakeven yesterday and then I had buy entries triggered on GU, EU and EY yesterday evening for +112pips. Trade safely!

Keep it up TWHM! Stick to your plan and soon you will see things starting to flow easily and fluently.

Thanks PipDoctor and you’re welcome!

Wanted to post 2 paper trades I made tonight. I think I’m entering too early but they’ve worked out so far, both are up about 45 pips.
Set ups were both on the 4H.
NZD/USD short at .7968
AUD/USD short at 1.0539

Watching the 4 hours a little more now. Hope you all have a great evening!

Good Morning All,

Very bullish setup on EUR/JPY Daily @ 114.50 looking for 118.50-119. This is a PVSH Reverse trade. Initial target 117-117.30

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3315/eyrev.jpg

EUR/USD H1 PVSH buy setup @ 1.4043. TP 1.4200-1.4330
H4 EUR also had a PVSH Reverse trade setup @ 1.4030

Long on these pairs.

Hello,

Bank, I have a question about the trade you just put up.

How come this is a PVSH reverse trade? there are 2 lows on that chart, a low, and a higher low. why is it not a buy at the top of the “higher low” candle? As these are more recent, would this not be a more valid set up for a buy?

Also, I am a bit stumped as to why this is a buy rather than a sell. I am sure I have missed something but cant figure out what. The overall trent looks very much down so I would have expected to be looking for sells.

Sorry if these are silly questions. I thought I understood from the update, but maybe I dont now.

Hi TWHM,

Lets look at a number of things:

1. There is a low and higher low on the Daily EY chart signalling possible reversal.
  2. The higher low buy is setup at the high of the higher low @ 115.61
  3. We normally SELL PVSHs, therefore a PVSH REVERSE TRADE, is the opposite = BUY
  4. The rules of the PVSH reverse say that once selling slows, followed by BUY CANDLE PATTERNS, and a PVSH forms near that bottom or trough, we mark the low of the PVSH. Wait for price to close above it, and then BUY it, in this case at 114.60.
  5. Even though we were trending down, no.4 is what helps us to identify possible reversals in the current trend.

If you have more questions please let me know, we are sharing and learning together.

Levels on EY and EU nicely retested to allow opportunities for entry.

Hello,

Thanks for the response. I was getting confused with point 3 and 4. I was misunderstanding the PVSH reverse trade concept, which was throwing my mind off track. Now I see that we are looking at the bigger picture, and we are expecting a reversal of the overall main trend, i.e. we are expecting to be bullish, rather than continue the overall bearish trend.

Very cool!

Exactly TWHM, Thanks and you are welcome!

Just checked on my USD CHF short @0.8795 from the Daily chart. Closed half the position at +50pips, stop is at BE, going to let the rest ride. ultimate Tp would be ~0.85 but who knows. Next TP is 0.87-0.865

Good Trade TWHM! Notice your TPs/Pip gains are getting bigger and bigger :wink:

Took profits here on EU and EY trades for +271pips. Met my weekly target closing this week with +625pips and I believe that this will be it for me until next week.

Safe Trading All!

Bank

Hi all, wanted to share these interesting levels on the EUR/JPY pair that seem to be signifying much stronger buying towards 119.00, or much higher over the longer term.
The Old PVSHs are highlighted in yellow and their support marked with horizontal lines. This is an example of trading off OLD PIVOT SWING HIGHS.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3315/eyrev.jpg