High-Low Swinging

Closed my last buy trades on EU and EY for +111pips. Seriously stopping here. Have a great weekend. Off to setup my first Rabbit Farm :slight_smile:

Quick question Bank…how far back do you look at old pivot swing highs and lows in your charts?

Great trading this week, enjoy your weekend!

Woke up this morning to a lovely set of +90pips on the EU long. Stop moved to BE+50 to lock in some profit, and TP up to 230. There are both EU and US news release alerts on my charts for this afternoon, so I am trying to protect myself as much as possible.

My USDCHF trade is also doing very well, at +90pips as well. Needless to say Im chuffed!

Back to work now. Rabbit farm sounds fun!

Have a good weekend.

Edit: USDCHF finally closed for 120 pips. :22: No open positions now.

will hit the charts again tonight and scan for some setups on the dailys :33:

EDIT again (friday): went long again on the EU after the drop from the news. set up was a low-higher low so I set an order for the top of the higher low, and am now sitting on another +50pips.
Stop at BE, but I will close it before the end of trading today regardless as it is a long weekend in the UK.
re-entered short on USDCHF at 0.8645 on the hourly charts, took half at +100pips, stop to +75pips for the other half and will let it ride for a little longer. dont want to be open over the weekend.
p.s. Editing so I dont spam the thread with loads of posts.

Hello All,

Just half returning from my Rabbit Farming Project. Was quiet a hectic weekend with no internet connection. But was a lot of fun.

TWHM!!! You are getting on real bad with those +pips!:slight_smile: Real proud and happy to see how you are applying yourself consistently. Keep it up!

PipDoctor! I usually look back at the last 2-3 swings, particularly if the previous swing has very few PVSHs/PVSLs or if they are far apart.

Looking forward to another great week!

Bank

Good Evening All,

There is strong looking PVSL Long setup on the EUR/JPY @ 115.45. Taking this long for 118.50-119.00.

GBP/USD H4 Old PVSH support of May 5, 2011 at 1.6450 could be setting up a buy entry.

EUR/USD H4 Old PVSH support of May 18, 2011 at 1.4270 could be setting up a buy entry.

Longs closed: EU +93, EY +67, GU +54 = +214pips

Off to bed now. Happy Trading!

Bank

Morning all,

Had a good long weekend, still feeling a bit groggy. Trying to shake myself up a bit and get back into the “swing” of things (see what I did there?). Still trying to figure out which way is up.

Bank,
Im happy too, and I must thank you for your ongoing help and support and resistance (see that? I did it again). I am starting to build my confidence with TP levels, seeing more of them get hit.

Hope the rabbit farm goes well; what will you do with them? sell them as pets? …eat them?..

TWHM

Good Morning All!

Funny post TWHM :). You are welcome. Thanks for the well wishes with the farm, they will primarily be for food and a small section for pets. I am still quiet tired from the busy weekend so think I will rest today and resume trading tomorrow.

Have a great trading day all!

Bank

Took some shorts on EY, EU and GU. Closed for +64, +16 and +40 = +120pips.

Good Morning All,

Looking to take this setup EUR/JPY daily PVSH reverse trade at 116.20. There are also a number of H4 Old PVSHs at this same level. Also there is a daily PVSL support at 116.36. Lots of support. So, should buying trigger it should be a strong one.

Also Old PVSH Buy setup at 1.6320 & 1.6380 on GBP/USD DAILY chart,

and Old PVSH Buy setup at 1.4414 on EUR/USD Daily Chart. There is also a H4 PVSL buy setup at the same price. Again good support at this level.

Removed buy entry order on GBP 1.6320 Level. Still watching 116.20 on EY. EU level did not trigger.

Good Morning All,

The Long levels on the pairs held and triggered. Long on EUR (1.4414) and GBP (1.6320). Missed the EY entry.

Made 90 pips on the EY, went long at 116.46

Good Trade PipDoctor, so sorry I missed that one. This could however just be the beginning of a much longer term buy. Will see, also watching 1.4500 on EUR daily, there is an old PVSH buy level there. So if the day closes above this level we will get strong support here for continued buying.

Longs closed for +107pips ahead of NFP. Have a great weekend!

I see an interesting level forming on the H4 EUR/USD at 1.4633 from an old PVSH that formed on 4/26.

Watching that level too PipDoctor.

I am also liking the setup on this pair, EUR/CHF H4.

Finally, the EUR/JPY is also looking quite interesting for buying. 117.57 could however create problems for buying and trigger price reversal.

I am a wee bit reluctant to buy at this point. EUR 1.4700 level looking tricky and EJ showing weakness at possible PVSL reverse trade level, 117.57. Lets see how the picture clears up.

Also Old PVSL short setup on GU at 1.6460.

Just now picking up EUR/USD Daily Old PVSL Short setup at 1.4660.

Awesome, I’m glad you saw that too…I’m not sure what will come of it but I’m trying to practice finding old levels to use as supprt and resistance which leads to a question…

If you are watching levels set by an older PVSH will you always look to buy at those levels? ANd sell if it was an old PVSL?
SO on the EUR/USD would we be looking to buy at the 1.4633 we saw?