High-Low Swinging

I ended up shorting GU this morning, but tightened my stop before I lwent to work to lock in profits. Ended up choking off my trade for a small profit…would like to still be in it now though!

Also, still cringing when I look at the EU chart today…what a run that would have been!

I’ll re-examine charts tonight, have a grea day all.

Hey guys,

Some late night trade analysis going on here. those 80 pips i lost? nearly covered my loss.

USD/CHF: perhaps I didnt learn my lesson, but then again… I went long on a close above a PVSH support at 0.844 and made over 100 pips. took 40 off the board and stop to BE+30. I must have been a day early on my analysis (or I made it up as I went along)

EUR/USD: This one doesnt really fit in with the trading system, but on the monthly chart we are just breaching a pVSH resistance, and we are close to the top of the range at the moment. really just seeing how a long term trade on a weekly+ chart will turn out. entered at 1.424 and am currently up +66pips.

closing in on my weekly target, but still some ground to make up. see y’all tomorrow morning for some more mayhem.

[QUOTE=THEWALLHITME;263340]Hey guys,

EUR/USD: This one doesnt really fit in with the trading system, but on the monthly chart we are just breaching a pVSH resistance, and we are close to the top of the range at the moment. really just seeing how a long term trade on a weekly+ chart will turn out. entered at 1.424 and am currently up +66pips.

[QUOTE]

God evening TWHM, Doing some after work analysis myself and this caught my eye, would love your guys feedback. I’m not sure if you went long or short on that EU trade, but todays run down has us right at a daily PVSL from May 23 that could serve as support at this level, also have a double bottom ( i think its called) on the daily candles, I’m going to watch the 4H for a long entry if it holds this level.

Liking that EUR level too PipDoctor. Got stopped out of my EUR/CHF Trade -50pips, and I am feeling rather lazy this week. Now seeing some PVSH reverse trade setups on the daily chart @ 1.2050 & 1.2016. Will see how tomorrow goes.

Morning All!

My mistake, I didnt mention. I was short on the EU. when I looked this morning it was +107 pips so I decided to close the position. however I will be looking for a new short entry later on, possible early next week. The dollar seems to have done quite well accross the board, possibly because the european currencies inc. the euro are still struggling to agree on bailouts etc

Closed my USD/CHF position for +72 pips as well because it seems to have reached a level of Resistance for now. Keeping my eye open for a possible reentry.

Cant yet figure out the GU. eyeing it closely for more bearishness and entry points. Watching the ~1.6100-1.6050 range as this could be a sign of support.

I also think I have turned a trading corner. I love it when I get profitable trades, but the losses dont bother me so much anymore. All part of the business :stuck_out_tongue:

TWHM

Did you go live? I was able to shake off demo losses easy enough. But live losses still annoy me, I’ll admit. But I know enough now to just walk away for a bit and come back with a clear head.

GBP/JPY at some highly significant previous swing lows around 129.80 at the moment. Might take a brave soul to jump in long now though!

Not live yet, but even demo losses used to p*** me off big time. I would get so frustrated “why does the market hate me!”. Perhaps now I just have a better understanding of what happened. I am thinking of going live in the next 2 months or so.

TWHM

Good morning all.
Nice trades yesterday TWHM! I did end up going long on EU and GU last night after I posted. Was up about 100 on the two of them and thought to myself, “I Should just close these before I go to bed.” BUt I didnt and got stopped out as the fall continues. I’m going to be pretty bearish on the Euro for now as I agree with you and this Greece mess seems to be waighing heavily on it.

Maybe I’m just tired or regrouping from the loss overnight but I don’t see anything I want to jump in on this morning, going to wait for the US news in a bit and look at the charts again later. I’m still in demo too but treating it like real $$.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Everyone!

Good trades and analysis. We are looking tremendously bearish on the bigger time frames now. PipDoctor, I think that level you were looking at may become significant for sellers later today, tomorrow or early next week. I am out today, need some rest. Gonna chill with +280.

Trade safely and Happy Trading!

Bank

Hey guys!

Pipdoc; I know what you mean. when you see that many pips you want to take it straight away (and sometimes you should- but how do you know?!?!)
I really hope I am correct on the EU, as that is a very wide range that has been tested for a long time. But this could just as easily be a breakout time. However I am ~confident~ for at least the next few days that a berish trend on the euro will continue. As you mentioned greece is really causing problems.

I too didnt see anything that made me go “I.WANT.IN.ON.THAT!”- perhaps the markets are consolidating themselves. could see some big moves coming in the near future.

Also, the GU drop probably has something to do with the FTSE falling to 5660!

Bank: Nice work with the 280- I could certainly do with some rest too!

Have a good day all.
TWHM

Ok, I’m officially crazy, I’m long EU @ 1.4169 currently up 45 pips.

I just really liked that 1.4150 level for support so jumped in after the last bar closed above.
Going to keep a tight stop on it from here, I’m more than happy with a long +45 off the EU today!

Crazy… You and me both :wink: I’m also long EU but at 1.4180.

I was watching the 1.4150 level to but seen some resistance at 1.4178 but then we closed above that on 4hr to so I thought why not… Currently up 40 pips, just wondering where to get out?.. Any idea’s pip doc?

Thats the million dollar question PYD!! :slight_smile:
Actually I just choked out my trade with that last little pull back, ended up +30. Looks like we are right on an old PVSH from May 11, so there may be a little support here, but I see like like 3 old PVSLs between 1.4200 & 1.4225 so we may see some resistance soon if it keeps running up.

Keep in mind, I’m at work so thats my 30 second chart interpretation!

I’m still looking at messed up charts ggrrr but what I can see i think we should get to at least 1.4250 if not 1.4300 area before any real pullback and possibly higher in the long term. I’ve moved my stop to BE and target to just shy of 1.4300 so we’ll see how she goes :?

Tradin from work? wow you’ve got it made lol

LOL, well yeah, I’m the boss so I decided I can trade here on my downtime :slight_smile:

I feel like I’m finally coming into my own as far as identifying the swings go but I definitely lack the skill of picking a target so that will be my next phase of learning. I would love to see this pair go higher, I could see it testing the 1.4300 area before the next sell off and thats based off me squinting really hard and seeing the second shoulder of really long head and shoulder pattern :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, its amazing that I can actually see an improvement in my skills since I started forcing msyelf to find the time to look at charts daily, I really feel like I’m starting to feel their pulse, and that in and of itself as helped my trading a lot! Anyways, I’m off until the morning…take care all!

Thanks TWHM! I had also bought EU and GU before signing off this morning. EU now up 78pips and GU 50pips. Stops at breakeven. TP at 1.4285 and 1.6200 respectively. Free Trade.

Well win some, loose some. My SL hit on EU at BE. I’ve switched back to fxcm for charts and the 1.4135 level now seems tempting for a quick long on the shorter TF charts. We’ll see…

Interesting developments guys!

I am still bearish EU at the moment as we seem to have had a small bullish retracement that is over. some support at 1.4071 from what I can see. looking to go short if we get a retrace to 1.4175 off the support of a fractal high candle. although This could be a trend continuation.

Its friday so I dont want to get into anything for over the weekend. If I enter this morning I will be out of it by end of business today.

Weird how the GU and EU look almost identical for this week.

Nice work snatching some pips

Morning TWHM,

Got back in on EU long position at 1.4135, currently up nearly 30 pips. Stop loss moved to BE as were now back above the 1.4150 level. Targeting 1.4175…

I dont hold anything over the weekends either

Hi!

Early indications would seem to show I was wrong.

Pips your daddy, that trade must be looking pretty good now! hopw you didnt clost it at 4175.

I may be done for this week. Nearly hit my weekly target, but I can make do with that. Unless anything amazing lines up in the next hour or so…