High-Low Swinging

Probably best standing aside until Monday in my opinion - I’m flat until then myself. Today’s Quadruple Witching so there’s a potential for some twitchy moves. On top of that there could be all sorts of Greek news hitting the wire with Sarkozy / Merkel due to hold some press conference. Nice if you catch it the right way, not so nice if you get caught in a spike the wrong way.

Yep I came out at 1.4172 thinking it could go either way, yes it would be nice to have got the extra pips but in my view it is critical to stick to the plan (but could have just moved my stop in hindsight instead of taking profit). I’m still on demo anyway but want to treat it like real $$ so I am getting a true picture. Not too sure where EU’s going next but I think we have as much potential for up as there is for down.

I’m unlikely to take anymore trades today, gonna try and concentrate on spotting entry / exit points as I’m still a little lost looking at the charts after a long break (and VT still driving me round the bend with the random candle open times distorting the charts)

Good trading all, be careful and enjoy the weekend

Hi All,

I’m out for the day.

Have a good weekend all!

GM all!

Nice work on that EU. I have a nice new daily PVSL for support @ 1.4154 that the last 4H closed above so I would have gone long too…but instead I slept in :wink:

I’m out as well, not a big fan of fridays…great work this week!
Take care all!

Good Morning All,

I moved back my EU and GU stops before bed last night and went long on the EUR/CHF and EUR/JPY and shorted the USD/CAD. EUR now near my tp.

EUR/USD TP Hit +173. Closed EUR/CHF +43, Closed GU +85. +301pips

EUR/JPY and USD/CAD still running. Will see how they go.

USD/CAD closed +40, EUR/JPY closed +22. Total today +363pips and weekly target met with +643.

Out for sure for the remainder of the day. We are looking rather bullish on dollar again. Will see.

Have a great weekend and Happy trading everyone!

Morning all!

So it’s barely monday morning here and I am up ~170 pips already. Short off EU and AUD/USD.

Entered both early this morning and on friday. EU gave 70 pips. It has been respecting a falling trendline on the 4H so I waited for a reversal setup to occur around the trend line (which we got early this morning). Closed out now as Trichet is going to be talking about european stuff that nobody really understands. entered at 1.4285 exit at 1.4215.

100 pips off AUD/USD- it had been ranging most of last week and on friday we were at the top of the range. By close on friday I was +20 so I decided to leave it with a tight stop. TP was hit just as I got in to work for +100. entered at 1.0617, exit at 1.0517

2 darn good trades considering I was asleep for most of their duration.

Happy trading all.

TWHM

GM all!

Nice work TWHM, I see that setup on AUD/USD…scratching my head as to why I didnt take it :slight_smile:

I’m long USD/JPY at 81.60 up ~20 right now.

Don’t see anything I HAVE to take at the moment.

Good Morning All,

Great trading TWHM! Just arising out of deep slumber to see whats going. Possible PVSH reverse trade on GBP/USD H4 at 1.6148. Will go long should we close above it in the next few minutes. Nice long setup on EUR/USD H4 at 1.4210 Old PVSH of May 20,2011. Counter trade to be watched at 1.4250.

Hello Bank!

Yes I noticed a few long setups as we approach a few PVSL. Keeping an eye out for reversals but havent really got time to enter/ manage trades while at work. It may be a case of “check the charts tonight to see what I’ve missed” :frowning:

Ah well, there is always another trade.

Indeed TWHM, I know what you mean. Looking forward to days when work will be trading.

Long EUR/USD and EUR/JPY. Waiting for GBP/USD to retrace.

very nice…

Long EUR/GPB @ .8795 on the retrace to the last PVSL. ~ +30

I second that! :smiley:

So in the spirit of learning from each other…even our mistakes I have a funny story, mind you its only funny because it was done on demo and thankfully infuriating enough that it will never be repeated.

Much like TWHM I was having a great morning, my EUR/GBP turned on a dime in my favor as soon as I placed the order…or so I thought :slight_smile:
I’m watching the chart go up but my Trade Station is dropping like a brick! Then I realize there is no order on my chart either…"What the heck did I buy then!!!"
Blame it on not enough caffeine but I accidently went long on the GBP/CHF which is still going down as I type this. ( I f only I accidentally shorted it as well!) SO I exit with a large loss which wipes out all my great work from this morning leaving me slightly positive for the day but positive none the less I guess :slight_smile:

Anyways, watch your orders early in the morning!!

This has been a public service announcement from ThePipDoctor!!

Haha! PipDoctor,

I too have done that (more times than I would like to mention!). Using the Oanda online platform and the one click buy/sell feature. its amazing how similar they all look. Fortunately I have clocked it before I lost anything significant, but you do feel like looking around to make sure nobody saw!

Back in my very early days when I was “scalping” (trading every 2 mins or so) it happened regularly when switching from chart to chart.

Hahaha! Funny and sad at the same time. It happens to the best of us. I found myself trading six pairs the other day, and I decided this weekend to chop that number in half. Its more difficult to manage and leaves you prone to mistakes as TWHM said. You will recover it.

Yes PipDoctor! Those are the days I labor for…one pip at a time :slight_smile:

EUR/USD up 99pips and EUR/JPY +55pips. Stop at Breakeven on EUR/USD. Allowing EUR/JPY to breathe a bit more.

TPs at 1.4400 and 116 respectively.

Hello,

Interesting Bank,

I am currently bearish on the EUR/USD. there is an EU news release about now which I doubt will be good news for the euro. Also, the pair is currently flirting with my falling trendline. I am watching eagerly for a reversal to short this.

This may never materialise but thats ok because I know my friend Bank will be rolling in it then haha.

Happy trading.

TWHM

Youre right TWHM! Profits rolled in +85 and +53 on EUR/USD and EUR/JPY. :slight_smile: