High-Low Swinging

Very nice. I never really look at EURAUD. I’m still alive in mine.

Hey,

Hope your all doing well and making lots of good trades.

I’ve been a long standing supporter of this method, my work load at uni has been through the roof recently so have been out of trading for a little while but trying to get back into the SWING of things (ha excuse the bad joke). The system used to work well for me but now besides using the 11% fib level to catch reversals, the levels from pvsl’s, pvsh’s and hhlc’s etc dont seem to hold at the moment.

Can someone tell me is it just me or is it the same for everyone, I think the market maybe just very volatile at the moment.

I mainly only trade gbp/usd and eur/usd, i dont trade any crosses and Im only looking at the 4 hour charts and using the daily to determine general direction.

I can post some examples if I’m the only one.

IMO, it’s not so much so the volatility, but whether or not markets are trending versus ranging. The system can work well for both environments, but I find it to have a higher win/loss ratio when markets are ranging. Just my $0.02. BTW i’m still using this method and it is very profitable for me.

Thanks…just got your reply…

Please update when you hit $1mil plus…

This thread deserves a bump. I’ve been happily trading this method for a month or so. Thank you Bank!

Just Entered short on GBP/JPY on 11% of PVSH. Any Comments?

I hope it works out for your sake, but you do have to realize that it’s a counter-trend trade. Market flow and trend is currently bullish, price recently recovered from a retracement and could possibly go higher and target 130s. That’s just my $0.02, I could be wrong. What I have found using this method is that when you have trade setups in the direction of the daily trend, you get more high probability setups that yield more favorable risk/reward ratios. Good luck in the trade though, i’ll be sure to keep an eye on it as well.

Thanks for quick reply swallowtail, I’m still on Demo at moment, Just seemed a bit toppy and due a retrace.

We’ll see how it moves.

Hope to trade more with this system, I Like it’s simplicity. Big thanks to Bank.

Yes it really is a great system, it has rewarded me with many pips. Have been learning this since October 2011 and the key to this method is waiting for setups at key support/resistance levels, and trading in line with the higher timeframe market trend.

Swallow, what are you using to determine trend? Higher time frame analysis? Moving Averages? A little of both?

I’m trying to develop an EA that will do all this in the direction of the trend. But determining trend/ranging markets is the toughest part.

I’m looking at this thread. I found this method is very good to compliment the method with harmonic trading and candlesticks, to fine tune the entries and confirm entries also :slight_smile:

Specially the pivot type trade, I found that is very good for compliment the methods, but the high/low swinging is pretty good also. This last one is also pretty good to do “on the road” on a mobile device, because you only need to see the pair at multiple timeframes, and the fractal indicator. And both of the tools are on the Metatrade for mobiles :slight_smile:

I’m still reading the thread, but I also did a trade following the last method, and it resulted in a profit :slight_smile: thanks!

I am now applying the warning signals to move stops and lock profits. That rule to move the stops when a higher high is folowed by a lower high in an uptrend is pretty effective!

I’m a scalping fan and explorer. But when I read your thread I found much useful information in it. At the moment I’m buying on GBP/USD. And really works.

What a massive and great thread…

Hi guys,

It has been quiet awhile since I’ve popped in. I realize that some persons are still trading the strategy and that is good. It continues to pay well and is a consistent Price Action strategy. We had some great setups over the past few months that yielded some strong swing trades. Will pop in and share as able to next week.

Bank

Here goes a great one that I will be carrying for a bit on EUR/JPY. Will see how next week unfolds.

EUR/USD may react quite strongly to this 1.3036 11% fib level. So keeping an eye on this one.

Welcome back Simone! Been a while since i’ve been here as well. I just realized ur from jamdown like myself i’ll be home for jam. 50 so we have to meet up!

Thank you swallowtail! Sure thing. Let me know when you are home.

Hi BankDaPips,

I’m new at this thread, and I would really like to learn this way of trading.
Here is my first screenshot, and I would like to know if this is a setup like you described on the first page of this thread.

I’m looking forward to your comments.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,