High ROI strategy

Hi, All!

Some time ago I created a great trading strategy. This strategy give a high ROI (Till now, but how be in future, I don’t know, but hope, that profit will be the same :smiley: ). Usually I trade GER30, but sometimes I trade also some currency pairs such as GBP/JPY, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, but they make up the smallest part of trading. In 29 trading weeks I have earned 205% profit. For more details watch picture.

So, what do You think about my trading results?

Cheers,
AK

1 Like

Good results like these only show part of the picture. To give a useful opinion that means we would need to know what the strategy is based on. This would indicate then the level of risk of catastrophic losses, the risk per trade, the risk per basket of trades, whether the strategy is likely to be consistently profitable etc…

if you ask the passengers of an airliner cruising along how the flight is going they would probably say just fine. But unless they can see the instruments and the flight plan they won’t be able to judge the pilot.

3 Likes

How many data have you tested this strategy backward? year? two?

1 Like

Using bots?

Is this a backtest?

What was the strategy?

We’re all curious!

That’s a hell of a return. Did you compound?

Was this demo or live?

2 Likes

Congratulations mate happy for you

1 Like

Yeah he saw left it up and he didn’t he ha ha

Thanks for reply to all!

Answers to all questions.

Strategy based to trade GER30 (~90% of all trades). Trading system is only manual, I’m not using any bot etc, therefore I don’t backtested this strategy. I open orders manually based on specific terms of chart. In trading time, I changed max open position settings to minimize loses. At first, I don’t use max open positions, and therefore reach some higher DD (You can see it it picture). Now I trade with only 5 max open positions. And DD basket for all this position is - 1th trade sl till -200 pips; 2th trade till -170 pips, 3th trade sl till -140 pips, 4th trade sl till -100 pips, 5th trade sl till -60 pips. Overall sl - 670 pips (Hard stop). This mean, that 2th trade I will open only then, when 1th trade will be in -30 or more pips etc.
And yeah - till now this is DEMO account. I’m testing my strategy. And if I can do this results till New Year, then I will start trade with real money, and start with the same balance - 5k usd.
Hope, that my trading will be good all the way and I can test this strategy on real account. Anyway, I will post updates here, If someone will be interested on it.
Thanks.

1 Like

All is clear, good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Completely agree, dont want a boom and bust type of strategy but promising results

1 Like

For starters, it’s the GER40 nowadays. Your demo account could be out of date? Secondly, what leverage and lot size do you use? Thirdly, what is your maximum daily percentage risk?

On a 5k account $50 = 1%.

Hi!
Yeah, GER30 now is GER40, but for unknown reasons the platform, where I have my demo account (Zulutrade) don’t change it. Anyway, It’s doesn’t matter, because there is no difference in charts. Leverage is 1:100, and lot size I use: 1pips = 1EUR. Firstly, when I started demo account, there will be daily SL at ~10%, t.i., ~ 500 EUR. Lately I changed MAX open positions, and DD increase. But for now all open position overall SL is 670 pips = ~670 EUR. But when I will start trade with real money 5k, then I will trade in the following style - max open trades 3. 1th trade SL -110 pips, 2th trade max SL till -80 pips and 3th trade max SL till -50 pips. Overall max SL will be -240 pips (~240 EUR/~ 5% DD). When SL will be hit, then no more open trades at this day. When I will reach acc.balance at 10K, then I will use 5 max open orders and the same style as now on my demo account.

Sounds sensible. Best of luck on your progress.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Not bad, but High Risk usually blows up the account in long term. I would rather copy other successful traders like EURO KING on Ctrader Copy