Higher High and Higher Low Candle colour

What is higher high and higher low.

it is Green candle or Red Candle.

Thank you

Usually, the candlestick takes its colour from its close against the previous close. So if the close of the last candle is higher than the close of the previous one it will be green (on some charts blue): if it is lower it will be red.

Some charts can be re-set so that you have solid coloured bodies or hollow bodies depending on whether the candle’s own close was higher or lower than its own open.

If you have a chart system that can be re-set to show different colour by comparing the last candle’s high and low with the previous candle’s high and low, the candles are usually just displayed as bars not candles, and the usual colour scheme is -
higher high and higher low - blue
lower high and lower low - red
lower high but higher low - orange (an “inside bar”)
higher high but lower low - black (an “outside bar”)
high and low same as previous high and low - green

Hi, I am glad for your message, if possible could you provide some screenshot or pic or any URL which I can see graphically, I am struggling to find out.I will appreciate it.

Many Thanks

See daily chart for EUR/USD, e.g. EUR USD Chart | Euro Dollar Real Time Chart - Investing.com UK

Yesterday’s candlestick 25/03 is green, as its close was higher than the previous day’s close. Some charts show this candlestick as blue.

Hi,

On 25th March I am not sure whether its HH or LH.

![HH or LH|690x388]

(upload://8lpfqFhToVGRqT3WQAIE2E1irz5.PNG)

From the above pic, the green candle (Bull Candle) is high is higher than the previous green candle high, so now the highlighted green candle is called Higher High or Lower High.

Yes, the green candle which you have marked is a HH/HL. Both it’s high and it’s low are higher than the previous candle’s high and low.

The 25/03 candle is a LH/HL. It’s range is inside the range of the previous day’s range: this is also called an Inside Bar.

Hi,

I am glad for your message, what makes me confuse is some people in the forex tutorial, they are marking Red Candle (bearish Candle) as Higher High.

Can we assume the Higher High or Higher Low always refer to Bull Candle (Green Candle) . Vice versa Lower High or Lower Low are Bear Candle (Red)

The colour of the candle is usually taken from the close in relation to the previous candle’s close. So if the last candle’s close was higher than the previous candle’s close it would be green no matter where the high or low is. If it was lower, it would be red.

But you will see some charts where the colour is taken from the candle’s close in relation to its own open. So, again, if the close is higher than the open, the candle will be green, if it is lower it will be red. You can know this from the details provided by the chart supplier or by looking at the prices on the candles.

Hi

I am clear about the Bull and Bear candle and their colour

_

The colour of the candle is usually taken from the close in relation to the previous candle’s close. So if the last candle’s close was higher than the previous candle’s close it would be green no matter where the high or low is. If it was lower, it would be red.

But in Higher High or Higher Low, the first word Higher refers to Bull or Bear candle, because both candles will have High and Low.
_

I really appreciate encouraging people like who are absolute beginners in the pane.

Thank you @tommor! I learned something new. I thought a green candle was green simply by closing higher than its open. I didn’t realize it related to the preceding candle.

KC

Be cautious. Different charts are set up that way, some software programmes give you as the user the option to vary their settings accordingly.