His grace is sufficient

Can somebody who did not go to school, trade forex, and can someone become successful trader without having a mentor?

1 Like

If you want to be successful its time consuming for most,like most things to be proficient you need effort ,practice and experience.
many people might start with no knowledge at all ,so mentors might be useful to guide you,
whats worth knowing and what is nt.
but you need to craft a trading style which is compatible with YOUR personality

3 Likes

@greenscorpio thank you for that piece of advice, am still looking for a mentor that will guide me.

1 Like

The obvious reply, is why would a total stranger want to mentor you ?
If they so successful and “wealthy” from trading.
I be blunt if you cant be bothered to do the education on here first you probably wont make it as trader.Just been honest.Hopefully others on here will give you more advice

3 Likes

Open the major forex charts on the 1-day time-frame. Look for a chart with the simplest thing you will see on a chart - an uptrend. Wait for a day when price makes a lower daily high and a lower daily close: set a buy order a little above the high and a stop-loss below the day’s low. Adjust your position size so that if the stop-loss is hit you will only lose 1% of your account capital.

Do all this in a demo account 100 times.

6 Likes

I wish someone would actually try and do this! Maybe I will one of these days and keep a trading journal for it. Call it Tommor’s Trading Tip or something. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Having a mentor is not necessary but you must have basic mathematics knowledge to calculate things like pips, stop loss, take profit, risk, etc.

1 Like

mentor is really important for all kinds of trader even for professional trader but this is really difficult to find the correct Mentor from all scams.

1 Like

I am profitable in trading and suck at math. I never have to do any calculation. Only thing I need to see is the value of my SL. School is definitely not needed.

1 Like

success is a long time issue in this trading place , for that reason we the traders fail to keep interest on trading after passing sometime.

1 Like

Yes you can but according to me it will take around next 5 years to get things understand first the basic of life then how economies of different nations work and then technical. You need to devote much more time to it.

1 Like

Why not? Nobody trades for you. Only you have the authority to give the right direction to your journey. The easiest way is to start trading! Sign up for a demo account and implement strategies. Stay there for months, learn, and improve. There will be a time when you will be ready to do live trading.

1 Like

All traders can become successful without mentors actually. Of course, sometimes new traders suppose that they would never handle market conditions and market rules without a good mentor, just because they are lack of self-confidence and they are afraid of losing their funds. Nevertheless, I suppsoe that traders have to trade on their own and if they face mistakes, then it’s a good indicators actually. Mistakes help traders to understand what are market conditions and how to play by the market rules.
Otherwise, successful trading means that you handled all the market had prepared for you and you passed all the stages.

1 Like

In short, yes, it is possible. It is not necessary for an able person to go to school before forex trading. There are other ways too though which a person can learn trading. It may take a little bit more time than usual but it is possible. A person can start with basic knowledge about forex and then practice for a long time to gain experience with it.

1 Like

Of course! Successful traders are self-learners. There are plenty of resources to learn trading. If you take a good learning approach, you can become a self-taught, profitable trader. However, if you find a good mentor, take help as this will make the learning process easier.

1 Like

Demos are perfect for practising all the newly learnt information practically and learning different trading strategies. Opting for any course or mentor is a trader’s personal choice, but everything that one needs is available on the internet freely.

1 Like

I agreed with you on this. If you do not have any mentor to rely, best to practice on demo so that you can actually understand how trading mechanism work.

1 Like

its a very fine line i found from all " successful traders are self learners " that’s true. but learning for a long time is really a challenging issue above all when you are new in there.

1 Like

I thank you all for your great advice, and motivation’s

new to game, tried this on demo - almost all hits 16/20 so far - thank you much appreciated advice

1 Like