Holding Trades Loop

Hey there. I am not a profitable trader yet because I’m stuck in sort of a loop. When I enter a trade, I give it time to play out, but it usually hits my 20 pip stop within 10 minutes. So then when I see another opportunity, I enter a new trade and it goes in profit in the beginning so I close it at 1 pip, fearing it will hit stop loss again. But then, later checking, if I would’ve held longer it would have hit my take profit around 30-40 pips. So then, im like, ‘‘oh man, next trade ill hold longer’’. but then the next trade I hold longer hits stops and then the trades that would have went my way I took 1-2 pips. I simply don’t get it. I feel like im being watched and the market is doing everything in its power to make me lose, even though I know thats not true. So yeah, im stuck on that part, how do I hold a trade, if every time I hold it hits stop and when I take it out it goes? Thanks guys in advance.

unfortunately it is true
when your strategy is the same like the majority of traders
price takes a detour, eating up all the stop losses before heading back in its route
here is what you might do and my pov
open up a demo account and follow the same strategy as usual in a demo
and when your stop loss is hit you go ahead live and make your entry
timing is everything

hi
how long has been you in fx trading?

your issue is FEAR … fear to lose … and its not about you and the market … all this is about bussines, deals, transactions between two parts ,

lets say is winter, I selling a nice hot coffee, and you are selling cold water , who of us have more chances to sell more products ?

may be you are out of place, I mean traders are helpers to get deals done, and then we get comissions thanks to the deals between others, that’s why you should study in deep the supply and demand …

and understand the people that planning to buy oranges may be is not for make a juice right away,

cheers!

1 Like

What sort of opportunities are you seeing?

I think your problem is 1. Your emotions are playing with you. 2. You don’t have an exit strategy. To get on the right track to profitability, create a trading plan with a good exit strategy and be confident in it. You can search exit strategies on Google. They all have the same principle - to help you cut your losses and ride your winners.