Hollering Cowabunga with Pip Surfer

While channel surfing, I came across a re-run of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I know, I know. It says way too much about my age. But anyways, I gave in to the kid in me and watched. If you’re a fan, you’d know that the Turtles are huge fans of pizza (much like how Garfield is obsessed with lasagna). It wasn’t news to me when I heard Leonardo tell everyone that the pizza was there. Michaelangelo couldn’t help but let out a ‘Cowabunga dude!’ A couple of minutes in, it hit me. Pip Surfer! It’s high time that he gets the spotlight.

So dig in your toes, get ready to ride it out and say ‘Totally!’

###Please tell us, where do you come from and where do you spend your time when you’re not trading.

I reside in Chesapeake, Virginia and when I’m not trading I like hanging out in Virginia Beach, Virginia. (Gotta catch those waves dude!)

###How did you come up with your Cowabunga System? Why the GBP/USD?

The Cowabunga System is really an evolution of many systems that I had tested before it even had a name. After testing several systems I began to find out what worked and what didn’t work. I took bits and pieces from different systems as well as several theories of market movement and concocted what you see today.

The reason I only trade GBP/USD is because it is the pair that I have found to be the most consistently winning pair. That is not to say that the system can’t work on other pairs but from my observation over the years, GBP/USD is the best “pair” for this system…get it? hahaha

###Everyone who has finished the School knows that if one is unsure what to do next after finishing the School of Pipsology your blog is the best place to go. Why is that?

My blog is a great place for graduates to go because it puts what they’ve learned into practice. The system is simple and easy to follow, yet it requires discipline and patience. It also gives you a real life glimpse of what it is like to trade the markets day in and day out.

In no way is the Cowabunga System the only way to trade the markets, but it is definitely a great place to start if you are looking to get your feet wet.

###In the Forums, which threads are must-reads for newbies?

All of them! I know it’s a vague answer but the only way for traders to get out of the “newbies” level is to get in there and see what everyone is talking about, even if they don’t quite understand everything.

When you’re confused, I find that it pushes you to research more, and when you research more, you definitely learn more.

###Which beach would you retire to when the time comes? Why?

I haven’t been in a while but the beach in Boracay, Philippines is the prettiest beach I have ever seen. I’ve heard that it has changed since the last time I was there but if the image that is in my memories still exists there, then that is where I will be when it’s all said and done!

Try Google-ing “Boracay,” it’s worth it.

Man, Pip Surfer is making me want to go on a vacation there myself! I wanted to ask him for tips and what to dos when I get to Boracay, so I figured I might as well just ask him via Twitter. No luck for me, he was missing in action.

I couldn’t help but ask why I haven’t found him on Twitter.

###I bet your Cowabunga fans are curious too, how come you’re not on Twitter like the others?

I’ve been asked several times over the years to post my trades in real time, but I don’t think it’s beneficial for anyone for 2 reasons:

1. It keeps me distracted from making my own trades (sorry, haha).

2. If I just give you the answers then you won’t ever learn and you will become dependent on me. The goal is for you to learn so that you can make pips on your own. Ever hear the phrase, “Give a man fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime?”

Well, that makes a lot of sense. But I have to say though, I bet Pip Surfer’s fans and followers are eager to see him on Twitter…someday.

###After taking on your Cowabunga system, what do you think is the next step?

I’d like to eventually come up with a longer term Cowabunga System but I just haven’t found anything I’m comfortable making public yet. Considering the testing time, it is a long process and so I continue to work on it until I am finally happy to release one to the masses.

I’ve always thought about how Pip Surfer is different from the rest of the gang, so I asked him…

###Tell us something about you that we would never have guessed.

I’m not really blonde, nor am I good at surfing!

###I can see that you’re very tan, I gotta ask though; how do you keep your hair strong and healthy like that?

Sea salt does wonders for the hair and skin!

###If you could have any super power that could help you with surfing and forex trading, what would it be? Why?

Hindsight, hahaha! I’d never lose a trade, and I would never a ride a wave that would wipe me out! Cowabunga dudes and dudettes!

I am inspired with your honesty.I mean you’re honest with your system and always stick with your rules.I am sure that you would be Millionaire now a days. :wink: