Holy Grail System

Hello there, time to test your system today, at the moment 1 long trade running on E/U, 15m timeframew with Period 10.
I noticed that the signal is painted one bar backwards. So for me it looks like we have a signal candle and the next candle we can look for a good entry. Correct so far? :slight_smile:

I also configured my mt4 and iphone for push notifications and set it to “true” in the indicator settings.
But it doesn’t seem to work. Test notifications ( the test button next to the meta qoutes id) work correctly.
Can you check it pls?

Regards

It laggs 1 bar anyway thats inevitable, because the indicator is plotted on the close price, but i could fix that the arrow should be on the current bar.Anyway i optimized the system a bit, so soon expect a new update :21:

Great, yeah think there is more potencial in it.
Btw, 2 losses till now with sl hit 15 pips

Of course it is, why do you think i named it Holy Grail system :slight_smile:

But this is the type of system with many losing trades, but there will always come a big trade which will erease all those losing ones and make your profit.So if you want you can use additional indicators to evade those losing ones, but its only optional.The system by itself is profitable if you follow the rules of entry and exit and SL explained at the first page.

UPDATE 1.4 IS OUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT AT THE FIRST POST!

The changes are:

[ul]
[li]Arrow lag bug fixed like [B]daninvest[/B] said.And also changed it’s color to match my template better!
[/li][li]My template which i use is added now in the zip file, and the colors are now more eye friendly!
[/li][li]Moving animation added to the last candle, to see better that you must get into a trade there!
[/li][li]Arrow distance from the price fixed because sometimes the arrow was in the background and could not be seen from the candles
[/li][li]Now the period is set to 8 on default because i found out that this works best for M15 on any chart
[/li][li]A few other minor bugs fixed
[/li][/ul]

And as i promised here is the optimization report.Although PERIOD 9 shows better results, i still recommend PERIOD 8 because compared to other pairs it shown better results + its more closer to the price action’s movement.But of course it’s your choice.

The optimization i did it with an EA that i wrote quickly, on this indicator.TP was not set and the SL was set to 20 pips.It was done on EUR/USD M15 from 2012-2013.You can clearly see that anything above PERIOD 9 is not that good so its good to set it either to 8 or to 9.

Here is the full optimization report with different PERIOD variable settings if you are curious:

HOLY GRAIL 1.4 OPTIMIZATION.zip (10.5 KB)

Sorry i didnt noticed this.I don’t know what should be the problem.I programmed the alert system to send e-mail and metaquotes said that it works with the same code for phone, the difference is that one time you write your email there the other time your phone nr.Check the e-mail first if that works, if it does then you didnt configured your phone correctly.If it doesnt then i will check what should be the problem with the code.Until then i think version 1.4 is the most stable ok?

EDIT: I hope i fixed it with the quick HOTFIX 1.5 version.Now theoretically should send notification to phone and e-mail and i’ve separated them, you can now chose where to send it!

Thank you for your hard work.
Today the market was really choppy, no clear direction, big spikes and so on.
I mean look at this:

A desaster… :slight_smile:

But at trending markets it gives very good entry and exit signals.
And here we have the problem. There are always systems, which have amazing results in trending markets but fail at ranged ones and vice versa.
So the only thing we can do is, finding a system that keeps your losses as small as possible.
A System that generates winners in every market situation would be the “Holy Grail System” and if there would be a Holy Grail System there would be no loosers. And without loosers there would be no winners.

So lets try to improve your system as good as possible :cool:
Installed v 1.5, will give you feedback tomorrow.
Regards

NOT AT ALL!, Take a closer look :slight_smile: I marked the winner and loser trades with red/green lines, in that period there were 7 winning trades and 4 losing ones, and the winning trades made atleast 2 times more profit than the losing ones, so thats like 14 win and 4 lose.I think thats a fair result in ranging markets (because the system is trend follower), in trending ones it’s almost 100% accuracy ,but you cant have a system that works in all enviroments the same way, and like i said there will be sometimes losing trades ,even more losing ones than winners but the winning ones will be 3-4 times or more larger than those and you will never end up in losses in the long term.

Of course improving the system is a good idea, so im open to suggestions, if you have any you can share it.And im also open for feedback, i like to know how my system works out, so I appreciate any help! :smiley:

Hmm sorry, but it is not like you draw it in your picture.
Because as the signals were created the price already moved 75%-90% in the direction of the arrow.
Let’s take the signal at 11:30 for example.
The signal was created as the price already was at 1.3807, and not around 1.3790 as shown in your picture. 9 pips in our favor, 25 pips agains us without getting a second sell signal.
The same with the next signal (sell). The signal was created as the price already dropped to 1.3790.
After i traded the third signal runnig in my sl i stopped testing it.

But you are right, if the signals would appear 1 bar earlier it would be like on your picture. :slight_smile:

Some good news at the end:
The sms notification (push notification) works fine now :slight_smile:

Well you are right, it laggs 1 candle because the indicator looks at the price close, althought i reduced this lagg since the version 1.3 where it was delayed by 2 candles.Still this is the maximum, it cant be reduced more.If i would plot it at the median price or at the open price it would be way more misleading signals.Sor in terms of lagg i think this is the most i can do.

But in terms of signal accuracy i can do better, so if you have any idea how to filter those bad trades im open to suggestions.But dont tell me that it doesnt end up in profit, i backtested this strategy alot and always ended up in plus, even with these bad trades it will always be positive right ? Im curious what will be your results!

PS I`m glad that the phone notification works now, does the e-mail one work too? I didnt test them :slight_smile:

Good stuff Pro,

cant use it one 1M chart tho, am i missing something? (1.5) but 1.3 works on 1M

Yes the strategy is for charts M15 and bigger.The older versions worked on all charts but were based on fractals which did a hell a lot of repaint, or otherwise lagged too much, so were unreliable.If you look back they seemed like a holy grail but actually in real time trade they sucked, so i replaced the strategy with another one, though actually way better even if on the picture it looks ugly.But still has many fixings ahead.If you have any idea how to improve the new version i`m open to it :slight_smile:

I can’t tell you because i have problems to configure the smtp settings. :slight_smile:
gmail doesn’t seem to work but i also read in a tuturial that it doesn’t work with gmail and some other providers

Ok, i hope some1 could figure out how to configure it and test the e-mail one.I tested it with a yahoo mail and it worked for me.Any way soon i will post an upgrade where i will try to smoothen the arrows.

Good system, thanks. Could you add the ADX indicator for filter, I don’t know if its just me, but it seems to be giving a lot of unnecessary signals in low volatility.

UPDATE 1.6 IS OUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT AT THE FIRST POST!

Sorry for slow update but i was working on my EXODIA EA which is way better than this system at the moment.

The changes since v1.5 are:

[ul]
[li]Added an ADX consolidation filter to the system by [B]kennye[/B]'s wish. [/li][li]Added a nice and big text in the right-up corner indicating the current status of the market, big BUY text for uptrend and big SELL text for downtrend. [/li][li]A now the system uses more precise calculations to determine the top and bottoms, but the consolidations are still there, so that is why the ADX filter comes handy. [/li][li]Lagging of the indicator is now capped, more than this i really cannot reduce the lagging of the signals,now its only increasing the accuracy what i can do in further versions [/li][/ul]

Here is how it looks now:

Enjoy and GL trading! :smiley:

Just checked the new version 1.6 on USD CHF, by checking backwards the accuracy of the arrows.It’s really fascinating how accurate they are now in ranging markets also.Check it out, i marked the possible trade “routes” with an orange line connecting the trades, so if you enter at buy and exit a close you should have taken these trades.And all of them would be profitable:

Or if you cant see the accuracy, here is on the line chart:

Fantastic results i guess, i didn’t counted them but i`m sure that it has atleast 80% accuracy,so when the market opens again in Monday we shall see what this baby is really capable of :wink:

Do these signals appear at the open or close of the candle?

Since it is an indicator and all indicators are plotted on Close[0] if used directly on the MT4 and not by an EA.That means that it’s plotted on the current price, so after the open the first tick that your MT4 gets from your broker, but definitely before the close, unless there were not ticks present for and entire candle , in this case a big gap appears and the indicator will be plotted on the last known price.I hope i explained it clearly.

So the arrow will basically appear on the candle that is the signal candle, not after it, so you can enter the trade right at the signal with technically no lag.Right after the candle which is the signal candle , opens the arrow will pop up, but the calculation method of the indicator, which is a complicated one is shifted back 1 candle and applied on the last close price. :smiley:

Like when an arrow comes and it’s on top of a long bearish candle telling you to sell, would the arrow show after the long bearish candle closed or would you have been able to capture most of that bearish candle?

Like would I have made a profit on this candle?