Honest mentor, new to training

Hey everyone, I see that this community is active and responsive I LOVE IT. But, honestly I’m brand new into trading and I’m looking for someone who can guide me and really teach me the skill of trading. If anyone would like to help me, respond please.

1 Like

Hi, do you looking free mentorship? Regards Greg

indeed, i am

Yet anoter discussion about mentors… boring
Use the search button and be prepared to read for hours… :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, what Can I say, good luck :slight_smile:

Have you finished Pipsology?

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum. Good luck.

"there are a lot of shoes on the shelf; wear only the ones that fit".

Druckenmiller has a net worth estimated at more than $2 billion.He has said that his trading strategy for developing long-term profits is founded on the idea of preserving capital.

He aggressively pursues profits during times when his trades are working well. With this strategy, it is less important to be right or wrong. In this case, timing has a focus.

Instead, it focuses on the value of maximizing opportunities in which you are right and minimizing your damage in situations where you are wrong.

So first education lesson - LEARN HOW NOT TO LOSE.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum @Edwinjr1!!

You may find some tips about sources to learn from this post.

Finding a free mentor is the toughest job. I’ve been struggling to find one myself. Good luck with your learning journey.

the psychology of school is very important for all kind of beginners above all for the beginners level , it should be finished minimum for 3 times , its my own decision.

i have not yet

Don’t get caught up on the illusion that you need a mentor to be successful.

In a sense, spending time looking for a mentor before doing anything is just a form of procrastination…

Start learning, try, fail, learn, try again and repeat. During your process you may come across someone who can see the work you are putting in and passion and be willing to offer advice or take you under their wing. Maybe.

But I guarantee you will not get an HONEST mentor for free just by asking here.

Put in the work… stop procrastinating…

Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@steve369 I believe Druckenmiller’s philosophy would have come straight from Soros himself who said its not how often you are right or wrong, it’s about how right you are when you right that counts.

There is so much talk of having a mentor, and maybe I’ll a little jaded, but to me it usually means ‘give me a strategy and make me rich for as little effort on my part as possible’

The idea of a mentor is great, in other domains it’s called studying the greats in your industry. Mentors are everywhere on the trading book shelves of Barnes and Noble or the trading section of Amazon online.

I have many mentors - none of whom I ever met.

Soros, Ed Sekota, Larry Williams, Victor Niederhoffer, Paul Tudor Jones, Jesse Livermore, Nicolas Darvis.

All it takes is a bit of investigative work and an a ability to know when someone is talking ■■■■.

Note, to all newbies the value in mentors is not the strategies they may give you (which are dime a dozen, and basically all the same).

No, the value in a mentor is the wisdom of the market and the wisdom of self they can bestow.

4 Likes

This has been my experience so far. I recently finished watching a lecture from Mark Douglas and it was full of gems.

(Im going to have to check out some of those names you have mentioned Larry, Victor, Nicolas)

How did you find it?

Not super experienced but feel free to shoot me a message if u have questions

Best advice ever.

1 Like