How and where to learn trading charts?

I keep learning and practicing by reading charts, but I’m looking for more useful resources to improve my chart reading and technical analysis skills.

1 Like

When I was learning to read trading charts, I found that actually spending time with charts was more useful than just watching tutorials. I started with the basics candlesticks, support and resistance, trendlines, and volume and then practiced identifying them on historical charts.

YouTube can be useful for understanding concepts, while platforms like TradingView are good for practicing and testing what you learn. I’d also recommend keeping a simple trading journal and writing down why you think a setup may work.

For beginners, I think it’s better to learn a few concepts properly rather than trying to use every indicator at once.

I think that approach is pretty solid. One technique I’ve found useful for practicing on historical charts is covering the right side, making a prediction on direction or setup first, then revealing the actual outcome. I believe TradingView has a Bar Replay feature for this, something like rewinding to a point in the past and playing candle by candle, which is pretty handy for practicing this way :grin: