How can I stop being nervous?

That means, you are trading with a low trading skill! Learn more and improve yourself! You can use the demo for virtual money!

1 Like

Being nervous is only human. Place SL and do not risk more than you can take, at least as you start. You can always gain a better understanding of market sentiment before you expand your investments. So, be wise and make profitable choices. You can meditate and try to change your strategies.

Trading and being nervous are the two wires within the same channel. Almost each and every trader has some kind of nervousness, even some advanced traders feel nervous at times. It is okay to be nervous, but do not let self-doubt creep in your mind along with nervousness. Wait for your results of the trade. If profit comes, give yourself some treats, and if you face a loss, just accept it. This attitude of ‘accepting your loss’ and striving to be better will eventually make you less nervous eventually.

Demo accounts don’t make profitable traders. As there are no real risks, there is no way you will be able to learn what it means to trade in reality. The best is to open a micro account and make small trades until you obtain the confidence of executing big trades.

Actually, the rule is: don’t deposit money unless you are confident on your trading skill!

to apply the correct strategy for all time is almost impossible and the emotions we never cant stop completely but it can be controlled by real discipline.

It is normal to feel nervous when we transition from a demo account to a live account. It is impossible to feel the calmness of a demo account while trading with real money. I have been trading forex for quite some time and I still get nervous sometimes. The point is to not let that nervousness or fear get into your head and make your thoughts cloudy. Just focus on the process of trading. You should not be afraid to lose as the losses are part and parcel of forex trading. Pay attention to risk management and trade responsibly.

If you have no strategy, you have no hope.
Nobody mentioned one strategy for all conditions.

Blow sm accounts up
And u will feel like that aint big of a deal

Use music while trading, it helps.
And never trade while drinking alcohol.

1 Like

This.

Occasionally, I switch the music to a podcast.

1 Like

Fear and trading don’t mix well. You will have to trade with the right mindset, and keep emotions, be it fear or greed aside. Trade with the amount you are able to risk (it should not be more than what you can risk). Be prepared for losses, and be indifferent towards any outcome (gain or loss). Treat losses as a part of your learning, and they are not to be feared (I know that fear is natural because money is involved), but if you remain fearful, you can never trade.

Actually, it a very common scenario to the new traders! This is why, new traders need to start their trading career by demo practice!

1 Like

I would say always listen to your favourite music. It will relax your mind.

if you dig deep into the root cause of being nervous , i believe the answer will be “uncertainty”,you are trading without knowing win or lose ,another word ,your body is protecting you by making you nervous. .and you probably wont get rid of these emotions unless you found certain strategy which give you certainty.

Practice, when you practice something, you strengthen the connections in your brain. The stronger those connections are, the more skilled you become at doing it. Not to mention, the more confident you feel about doing something, the easier it will be to do.

1 Like

Accept the things that make you feel scared. For instance, if you don’t do well with losses, that’s because you haven’t accepted losses as part of your journey. Moreover, nervousness comes from unplanning. Make a trading plan before executing a trade.

Are you nervous thinking that you’re going to lose all that money you’ve invested? Just keep that out of your mind because that is the worst case scenario, focus on what you have learned in the demo, try to replicate those results in the live account. Trade with concrete strategies and stick to the trading process and you’ll do just fine.

Are you trading in live trading or the demo? Actually, it takes time to assume the pressure of live market movements; so don’t lose your hope!

It’s normal to be nervous at first. When my emotions take over while trading, I prefer to take a break.