How do EAs guarantee profits? Scam?

I’m looking for indicators to use while trying to build a system or strategy, and keep coming across EAs that I can use for trading. And so many of them practically guarantee some percentage of success.

How is this even possible? If this stuff is so good, why do they need my money anyway?

Google gives me like 2 million results for best EA 2021. What!

Good luck on trying to hold them to their guarantees. What springs to mind is “would you buy a second hand car from this guy?”

2 Likes

In my opinion, there is no such thing like “guarantee” on the forex market. EA can lost connection with broker, VPS can restart/ turn off, slippage in transactions and other stuff, can impact for final results. I think you should double think before purchase “EA with guarantee” :wink: Regards Greg

2 Likes

That’s your first red flag! No company or investor can guarantee any specfic number of profits. An EA can only take trades based on a predetermined action. A great way to start looking into good EAs is looking into the company that offers a specfic EA and reviews of other traders using it.

1 Like

Good way to think about it actually!

Wow, then there’s a lot of “exaggerating” or straight up scamming going on out there.

Yea, that makes sense. Like buying on Amazon. Check the reviews. Of course, those can’t always be trusted either.

Thanks everybody.

1 Like

In my 18 years of working on this forex project I have never heard of anyone buying a trading bot online at any price and it was consistently profitable for any length of time. Some people spend $30,000 for one of these bots and then they invest a quarter million dollars into their account and they lose it all.

I have much programming experience and I understand how difficult it is to build a profitable trading bot.

It is easy however to design a trading bot that uses the basic indicators, but get ready to lose your money that’s all I’m saying.

For me I ask if your bot is making all this money, why not keep it to yourself and let it build your account size, right? Sounds greedy, but why would you share that?

Do you realize that people that are scrounging around these forums looking for different trading bot methods, quite a few of them repackage those bots and put them up for sale and they’re making quite a healthy income doing that.

I would never sell my bot.

I do love the metatrader programming language it’s like straight C language with trading functions and it runs pretty fast.

I have 32 years of experience programming C language and I have 18 years of programming The Meta trader.

When/if I do my next rewrite of my code I’m going to try to put it on to one of these boards from parallax and program it in assembler.

According to my experience, there is no such EA that can guarantee you profit. But some good an expensive EAs can give you profit on average.

Many traders have faith in EA trdaing. I applied EA too in my account but wasn’t successful ultimately. So, I don’t suggest it.

Some of my acquientant excperts traders are using EAs and they are reaping handsome amount of profit on average.

I guess the question I had is more about the people buying and whether they’re actually making money.