How do i confirm my entry in price action after getting/mark the consolidation pattern?

How do I confirm and take entry on my trade after getting the patterns in price action also what role is order block play in price Action??

First thing I look for is a good set-up for a position I want to be in. For me this is a consistent trend over a long period.

Then some price action which will allow me to get in just before price starts to move with more energy. For me this is a pull-back against the trend.

I enter via an order set at a price level which price must move through in order to continue the trend. (I don’t enter live.) For me the entry order level is above the lower price zone of a pull-back in an uptrend, but below the uptrend’s most recent high.

3 Likes

i let the price action confirm and enter, for me, by the price hitting either my buy-stop entry (long position) or my sell-stop entry (short position), which i’ve recently placed either a pip above (long entry) or a pip below (short entry) a retracement bar which represents a shallowish retracement in a strong trend

for me, the mistake to avoid is expecting an indicator to do that, or to “confirm” that for me, though i don’t kind using one (or even two) to identify the strong trend in the first place

i think your question about order block is answered here:

3 Likes