How Do I know if I'm Ready to Trade With Real Account/Money?

Hi guys,

Newbie here, been trading with demo account for few months now but couldn’t help but wonder how do i tell if i’m ready to trade with real money?

So far i’ve been observing on

1. the result (how many winning, loosing)
  2. the ROI at the end of each demo account upon expiry
  3. my psychology (dealing with winning/loosing a trade)

What else should i be looking at to gauge my readiness? Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance guys~~ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should practice on a demo account to improve your skills. When you think that you can make money from the market with your knowledge and skills you can invest your money in the forex market.

1 Like

Well one criteria is to see if you are consistently doing good on demo. If your strategies are working and you are making a profit, that itself is a good sign to start live trading.

1 Like

You can never know. You may be super successful when demo trading under certain market conditions but when you start live trading the market conditions could change bigly. So the answer always remains the same. Be disciplined

3 Likes

If you really want to be sure dont trade live money until you have doubled your demo account on 3 seperate occassions.

3 Likes

When you make consistent profits on a micro lot, you should know you are ready, and you can always first test yourself with a small amount.

1 Like

If we are looking to get the Profits on a consistent basis then we have to understand that if we will make use of the right Trading system we will become more successful Traders.

Start with a small amount and see how you react when you gain or lose. If you don’t panic while having losses and take it in your stride it means you have understood it.

1 Like

True, gotta take losses a little easy. Panic and stress don’t help here.

1 Like

If you want to know whether you are ready, just open a live micro account with less than 50 bucks and replicate all you have been doing.

1 Like

Trade in demo for one year.
If you end the year in profit you can trade real money for another year with a small account, not all of your savings. :wink:

If you are profitable for another year you can start to get serious.

2 Likes

if you can trade consistently for 1 year, then you can move to real money gradually :slight_smile:

1 Like

Demo is nothing like trading with real money, however if YOU feel comfortable having tested your ‘edge’ on demo - why not test the water with a very small live account ?
Remember this is a game of probabilities and that losses are part of that game and have to be accepted as such.
I would strongly recommend reading ‘Trading in the Zone’ - Mark Douglas, if you have not already.

2 Likes

When we are doing our trades in the DEMO trading accounts then we do not have any Fear of getting a loss and this is why we are very much Comfortable in the Demo Trading.

1 Like

Just keep practising on the demo account for at least 4 months before you decide to shift to a live account. Will help you a lot later.

It never hurt to try out the real account, but you have to be prepared for the worst, that is, losing the money.
I would say to keep practicing for more and take a risk to move to real account and try your trading there.

Agree with above as long as its what you can afford to lose and not have an emotional attachment to it

When we start loosing our funds then Emotions come into play. We need to make sure that we are able to do our trading with minimal amount of Emotions.

Yes, you are right. One should not join real trading until skills are developed.

Totally agreed with you, practising on a demo account first is proven to be very beneficial. Once you realise that your skills and knowledge are built enough, then you should go for live trading.