How do i learn to trade commodities?

Can i trade commodities using a demo account ? If so how do i get started.

I don’t know of any free demo accounts for commodities. I have two futures trading accounts. One with TradeStation and one with Track N Trade. Unfortunately you need to have a live account to trade the demo account. That may sound confusing but once you open a live trading account there is an attached paper trading account.

The only difference is TradeStation you only need to open an account with $500 and you can trade a demo account. You cannot trade live with TradeStation until your live account is funded to the tune of at least $5000.

With Track N Trade you have to open a live account with at least $5000 but that allows you to trade both a live account and a demo account.

In all seriousness don’t even try to trade futures, commodities, with a $5000 account. You will go broke quickly. Even $10,000 is too small. Commissions and fees will eat you alive and the percentage of capital risked on each trade will exceed 2% of what i believe to be the max you should risk on any one trade.

Having said that I don’t know about Ninja Trade. They may have a free demo for commodities.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Blackduck

If you were from UK this would be easy via CFDs, as I guess your from the States I think the Think or Swim platform had a demo that could allow you trade commodity options

Hi yes plenty of brokers have demos with commodities that are free to use , just a open a demo on pretty much any well know broker & the demo should have a list of assets to trade

I’m with OANDA, you can trade commodities using a practice account.