How Do The 5% Of Retail Traders Make Money?

Most of us have our systems which should have a win ratio of above 50% and hopefully somewhat better. I have been trading for many years and I have had good periods followed by bad. In the last couple of years I have steadily improved my returns and I have done this by focussing on managing the trades that go wrong.

All of us will have trades that don’t perform as expected but if you can control these then you will become a consistantly successful trader.

2 Likes

i am sure that forex is manipulated and ordinary traders like me are are always loser. Brokers and their employees just invite us allure us misleading cheating and eventually whoever gets trapped lose money Brokers simpe robbing deposit , writing stupid reasons info that why currency pairs go up or down, pairs go up and down to rob traders
What happened in the beginning of year , such things happen and even worse than them It is example of how fraud forex market is

i am sure that Forex is manipulated and ordinary traders like me are are always loser. Brokers and their employees just invite us allure us misleading cheating and eventually whoever gets trapped lose money Brokers simple robbing deposit , writing stupid reasons info that why currency pairs go up or down, pairs go up and down to rob traders
What happened in the beginning of year , such things happen and even worse than them It is example of how fraud forex market is

I am sure that forex is manipulated and ordinary traders like me are are always loser. Brokers and their employees just invite us allure us misleading cheating and eventually whoever gets trapped lose money Brokers simpe robbing deposit , writing stupid reasons info that why currency pairs go up or down, pairs go up and down to rob traders

I do not know any pros at all but I agree with you. It seems that only those who follow some daily routine can succeed and it’s a risky step anyway cause you’ve got to devote a lot of time to it. It actually becomes your full-time job so that’s actually why they are pro traders ahah

I actually think this is a majority of what’s needed to really improve. And the reason behind daily routine is self-discipline and true desire to trade.

I agree with your point

Do you mean the reversals of 2nd and 3rd January?

If so, are you seriously suggesting these were broker manipulations to stop private retail traders out of profitable positions?

Just a few people are so much self-disciplined so that’s why just a few succeed

1 Like

What were the reversals?

For one example, have a look at USD/JPY.

Wellllll, if you look at this, Bloomberg - Are you a robot?, you shouldn’t be freaking out about 95% losers, or 5% winners or whatever. The guys who get caught are the really big cheaters, and in general, if you manipulate the market long enough, you will get caught. Please see the energy traders with Enron, and you can see how much they manipulated, how much money they made, and their eventual fall from grace.

So, the bottom line is to learn trade well. If these guys have all of the advantages and fail, it just means there are no perfect traders, just like there are no perfect people. Forget about 5% 10% 15% per month, or whatever garbage someone is pushing. Get the direction of the entry right 60% of the time, then refine the entry, then you can learn to manage the trade. I get so sick and tired of “well I am making 12% per month”, and they can’t even get the direction correct. Like the guy here who was trend trading, and blew up, part of being a trader is knowing the market you are trading in, and have the self control to stay out if need be, never assuming you know more than the market.

The Ever Trade Well VIPER

2 Likes

Is it possible to manipulate the stock market?

The list is too long mate & a huge practice! Making consistent money in a long run, is really a challenge.

Yep, that’s why I prefer crypto more

Crypto for trading or investing with a long term view?

Because of their trading skill; especially chart reading skill is the key.

I can’t trade yet :frowning: investing only but I’m trying to get more into trading logic

It’s really for those with a mathematical kind of mindset

The most challenging thing in Forex is to make one strategy that will be able to bring green pips to account on a long run. I think that for such strategy significant experience is required, aside from knowledge and skills