With the Fed interest rate decision happening in about 20 min, and then Powell speaking after, are you trading the news release?
If so, what have you done in preparation, if anything? Or perhaps you’re simply going to watch your favorite USD pairs and price action, and then make your move?
This decision and the subsequent speech feel a bit more important than other rate decisions this year, or maybe I’m just hearing and reading more about it (or maybe I’m just more interested now). With Trump talking about the Fed, and tariffs and Brexit, and US/Europe/China economic worries, rate discussions are appearing in more places than I’m used to.
- Yes, I trade rate decisions, but not this one.
- Yes, I trade rate decisions, and I’m trading today.
- No, I don’t trade rate decisions, but other events, I do.
- I want to trade rate decisions, but don’t know how.
- No thank you. Trading news is for the birds.