How do you approach the day of a rate decision?

With the Fed interest rate decision happening in about 20 min, and then Powell speaking after, are you trading the news release?

If so, what have you done in preparation, if anything? Or perhaps you’re simply going to watch your favorite USD pairs and price action, and then make your move?

This decision and the subsequent speech feel a bit more important than other rate decisions this year, or maybe I’m just hearing and reading more about it (or maybe I’m just more interested now). With Trump talking about the Fed, and tariffs and Brexit, and US/Europe/China economic worries, rate discussions are appearing in more places than I’m used to.

• Yes, I trade rate decisions, but not this one.
  • Yes, I trade rate decisions, and I’m trading today.
  • No, I don’t trade rate decisions, but other events, I do.
  • I want to trade rate decisions, but don’t know how.
  • No thank you. Trading news is for the birds.

0 voters

Well, I opened a position long USDCAD after the initial release while listening to the smart folks on CNBC, and bagged a quick 15 pips. A win is a win!

^^Haha funny I also took a long on USD/CAD a quick 11 pips enough to suffice for my day. Literally the trade was open 25s when it hit TP.

I went a bit longer than that. Haha! Up another 15 pips right now though after getting back in.

1 Like

Woooow! :blush: Good for you @mtb_rex! :slight_smile: Keep winning them pips! Haha. Do you still have open positions right now? :slight_smile:

That was quick. :open_mouth: Wow Haha. Good job! :blush:

Yea, I still have a trade open on USDCAD. Still in the green!

And I just got stopped out with 40 pip win. Glorious.