How do you cope with Toads?

Sorry for that word but the word “Toad” is used in Stoicism to refer with unpleasant humans; but in this case i won’t only be dealing with that.
Here’s it, all my life i’ve fought rejection, loneliness, anxiety, failures and some sorts of unpleasant situations that would ever happen to a man, there has always been no one there for me, but while i felt lost at a point of it all, i created a world for myself within where all i could see is I alone and became a Stoic inbetween. Most times i drink conc. liquor & smoke loud weed just to find me some relief.
Do you deal with sh!ts and what are the things you do or doing to find relief?

2 Likes

I actively avoid negative people. I have become expert in finding polite ways to get away from them.

Applies to other things too, like TV breakfast news.

5 Likes

Whatever other people think of you is none of your business. Just ignore them.

2 Likes

People inspire you, or they drain you, so pick them wisely and don’t walk away from negative people … run :blush:

2 Likes

I live in a world where the majority are negative and walking away from them looks difficult, but i already made their negativity my strength. Thanks y’all for the kind response.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I care less about them anyway - that’s the way of the Stoic

1 Like

im a very polite and kind girl but with that people im like GFYSMF :yawning_face:

1 Like

why should we be polite 2 people who R not polite 2 us?

I am polite with everybody, though that might be the last time I ever speak with them.

I want to know that I behaved like a gentleman, even if they did not.

4 Likes

You are not obligated to be polite to people who are not polite to you, however, ask yourself this question: Do you truly want to lower yourself to their level ?

Try kindness, be course you can’t prevent other people’s bad behavior, but you can control your own reactions …

2 Likes

wow that was… now i can say im agree AF

hmmm yeah i can look at it from another point of view now. thanks to both of U @Mookmik @tommor :green_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like