How do you expect the Brexit vote to go tomorrow? DEFEATED

Possibly so @peterma, although there may be underlying motives or reasons it could be possible to construct in view of other incidents in the last number of years. :smiley:

Interesting that David Davies was at the court - I always regard him as a man of honour and integrity - WikiP says of him ;

"… On 12 June 2008, Davis unexpectedly announced his intention to resign as an MP, and was immediately replaced as Shadow Home Secretary; this was in order to force a by-election in his seat for which he intended to seek re-election by mounting a specific campaign designed to provoke wider public debate about the erosion of civil liberties in the United Kingdom. …"

[My Note - This was entirely a waste of time because BOTH the Tories and Labour Refused point blank to allow him to debate the issue and the media were pretty silent about it at the time if I remember right ! ]

Perhaps if the Conservatiives had chosen Him instead of Cameron to be their leader - things would be entirely different just now ?

However if he felt strongly enough to be there - then it is worth taking notice. - interesting to wonder whether he was there in a private capcity or as an observer for the Govt, which could be a possibility taking into account the potential for it to cause them problems in the future.

Certainly was an eye opener for me - not the police thing, but David Davis.

The Belfast Telegraph quoted him outside the court today:

“Press freedom is the most fundamental freedom in modern society because it protects all the other freedoms,”

“Protecting press freedom is not just about protecting journalists, it is about protecting their whistleblowers and their witnesses, it is about protecting the ability to expose wrongdoing and expose failure and that is what these journalists are doing and they don’t deserve to go through what they are going through now."

“Their cause is so important it should be known throughout the whole of the UK and the rest of the world.”

So a clear motivation - well done Mr Davis.

Couldn’t agree more.

Yup, agreed. :slight_smile:

So Boris Johnson is a favorite for PM I hear. He’s part of the Conservative Party, yes? What’s your take on him? Good or bad choice, or do the English not much care at this point? Anyone better than May and the dysfunction.

Here’s a good summary of where things stand and likelihoods of various outcomes. The more and more I read the more and more things are the same - no one option has a clear outcome or majority of support. Sure the potential is there, but I don’t see compromise from any of the parties involved. Oct 31 will be here before you know it.

With Boris the frontrunner for the PM job, does he actually want the job?

Boris Johnson will be interviewed on camera on Tuesday. Who’s watching?

He passed on the Sunday debate and has only done one newspaper interview. Does this guy want to be PM?