How do you keep being motivated?

I don’t think there is any motivation as big as making good profits through trading. I do have ups and downs but I see them as the stepping stones to better trades and bigger profits.

Losing money should be part of the journey and help you to get better by learning from your mistakes

Yes, if we can get excited for profits then we should also learn to take loss in our stride too.

I refrain from comparing myself with the success of other traders which I think can be really demotivating. I work to better myself each day.

1 Like

That is a very good idea. Every trader is different. I too learned at some point that constantly comparing myself to others just made me anxious rather than motivate me.

THe best motivation for me is profits. That is the only indicator which keeps me afloat. If I have more losses than profits, potivation turns into a sort of challenge.

Motivation is really important in trading as more often than not there are bad days which discourage many people from developing in trading. As for me, I am just interested in trading and laws which drive the prices. So, it is a kind of principle to get to the bottom of it. If I have losses, I understand that I miss something and have mistakes in my perceptions of the markets.

1. Regularly review your goals and progress. …
  2. Continue to set new goals. …
  3. Keep the momentum up. …
1 Like

Situations can be really discouraging sometimes. The first step to keep myself motivated is accepting that there’s always going to be ups and downs. Sometimes the market will move in my favour and then there will be times when I’ll find myself in a losing position. So I always try to make realistic goals and achieve them. Whenever I achieve those goals or make even a small profit, I reward myself.

I never did anything100% in my life so far but this is what i want. That motivates me.
I also never had a car or anything expensive in my life and it would be cool to have something nice.

1 Like

I take treat trading as personal challenge. This helps me learn more and practise more even during the periods of fails. Perhaps, my natural curiousity gives me some extra motivation.

1 Like

That does sound like an excellent way to motivate oneself. That and the desire to profit are probably the best motivators.

Well, money :wink:

I think feeling of being able to make a profit after taking into proper consideration makes me feel motivated.

I believe there is nothing difficult to stay motivated when your know your goal. However, it of course depends on the particular person, because such things as motivation and ability to motivate yourself are laid in us by our parents in our childhood. So, some traders have issues with motivation because of this reason. Nevertheless, if you know your goal and you know that you must do everything in order to achieve this goal then there is nothing difficult to stay motivated. Of course, there are some periouds of burning out, but, we should overpass them in order to become successful. That’s it.

I wanna crack this mf game,this line keeps me going for 14 years

The first motivation for me was my first profit on the real account. It was ultrasmall but I realised that this oney can be withdrawn and used in daily life. I believe that this kind of motivation is the most efficient because trading demo for a long time is quite discouraging. The idea that this money can be spent on the things that you want thrills me to bits all the time. So, instead of trading on demo account for ages, you’d better switch to the real one. You can start with small sums, but this process will be much more interesting and exciting rather than trading the money which doesn’t exist and cannot be used.

1 Like

It’s really hard to read that after doing all the required things, you experienced loss. But just remember that maybe those losses have given you an opportunity to release where you lack and move towards polishing that part of trading in you. Imagine after rectifying your problem areas, the winning will be more worthy.

Learn more on your trading skill, develop a plan and Be DISCIPLINE.

This is the key actually. :star_struck:

1 Like