How do you keep being motivated?

But I think; it’s all about focusing on trading process instead of focusing on profit or loss!

I understand, everyone makes losses in the start. When i started forex trading, even i was in the same boat. What you have to bear in mind is that its okay to make a loss. Everyone makes losses. what’s important is to learn from your mistakes. Whenever you make a loss, instead of feeling disheartened you should try to figure out the reason for loss and avoid it in future.
Making consistent profitable trades in forex is a slow process. So keep calm and keep trying.

2 Likes

What I have seen in real market, I have shared. It should be focus on trading strategy and tricks but most of the traders are having focus on Money.

1 Like

some motivational videos are really good particularly " team fearless’. but it not works in practical life , its all about for temporary session.

But I think; it’s useful (motivational videos); even what we can expect from this type of video?

I don’t know, I have never actually watched one. I always wondered whether the people making them actually believe the stuff they’re saying.

Nice to see your approach! Yes, you got the point! Focusing on the money is an illusion!

1 Like

Its okay to incur losses in the beginning. It happens with everyone. All you need to know is making consistent profits from Fx trading is not that easy. So don’t lose hope and keep trading. One day you will surely be able to make profits than your are making now.

2 Likes

I can not say I am a succesful trader ever but I am getting small and consistent profits. Some trades are missing with loss but it is bearable. I keep myself motivates by seeing my results in the end of the month. Then I plan for new tradings hoping experience will help me to get more earning in future.

2 Likes

you’re right about that, I definitely lost money when I first started LIVE lol now things are more consistent

1 Like

i dont like the word " Motivation " i for all time believe the word Inspire . because it work for a long time. any motivation its all about temporary session.

2 Likes

TO be motivated you have to fix a goal for trading that what you want to be and what you want achieve with forex then your mind need focus on this.

1 Like

Just by focusing on what I want.

i think when someone is passionate about anything, they don’t require motivation to do it. motivation is needed if you don’t want to do something, so if you need to motivation to keep on trading, you better decide if you want to or not, that would keep you straight on the path.

1 Like

I feel like trading is something most people need to develop a passion for. Mainly because majority of people don’t even know what trading is when they first get started lol so you’re right, that it’s something that people need to decide whether they want to pursue it or not

1 Like

If such trend continues with you you need to leave it and then rething your whole strategy about that matter anyway. It should be something like that totally and completely for whatever reason out there. How else we should go with that ? Are you able to do that ?

I will explain my love for trading this way, no one motivates me to keep trading, i just love it, I dream about it, I love the terminologies like analysis, candlestick, order flow…I love every bit of it!! Okay let me tell you something.

I have been working on my Trading system for weeks now and it has been revolving as my knowledge of Forex increases. I don’t know about others but I love practicing with a live account! I’m very sorry to disappoint you guys.

The other day, when testing my system with a live account (just a few dollars) it moved from entry and almost hit TP but it didn’t! It started reversing against me. I did not close the trade at that point, but I moved SL to entry point. Reason was because I was testing various movement and checking to see why the trade didn’t hit my calculated TP.

Maybe that was actually a retracement for a long continuation in my direction?

Maybe it was a complete reversal?

What was wrong with my calculated TP point?

How many pips movement from my entry point before hitting the RSI oversold or overbought level?

Did the reversal took place after hitting oversold or overbought, or was it a short retracement for a continuation?

Leaving that trade why it was going against me (decreasing profit) made me discover valid points to look at while setting TP based on my strategy. Why am I saying this? While I’m training my psychological cognition indirectly by trading live, I never put the money in mind on my road to discovering my trading strategy. Even though I try as much as possible to protect the money often times while experimenting on my strategy and indirectly on my psychology, The goal is the strategy

1 Like

Same here LOL. My problem is having the discipline to study the charts and look for good setups. :expressionless:

1 Like

Think about the profit. :money_mouth_face:
No discipline, no profit.:rofl:

2 Likes

That’s true on one part, but don’t you think that motivation plays a great role in helping people who have been making losses. I think even if you are a passionate trader and prioritize it badly, you still will need to get motivated at some or the other time, because this field is very unpredictable and anything unfavourable can happen at any time.