How do you keep being motivated?

When it comes to talking about achieving success in a trading career, I discuss many things like trading plans, strategies, platforms, reliable forex brokers and so on. Even the motivation plays a major role because if you don’t know how to accept your loss, you won’t have motivation and you will be one of those many who quit within 24 months.

1 Like

Every Forex trader, both experienced and not, should take the time and learn how to manage their money. Do not trade with emotion. Stick to the trading plan that you have developed.

Consistency, testing, and planning. You need to consistently in all areas of trading: watching the markets, testing your strategy, planning your trades, and then reviewing your trades once closed.

1 Like

motivation comes from passion or need. so if you are trading, you better be passionate about it or the need to trade and earn. else, you’ll never get proper motivation and loose interest often.

2 Likes

true that! If you don’t have a passion to trade, then unfortunately trading will not work out for you in the end. That’s why over 90% of retail traders fail after 3 months

1 Like

I wish I could have the motivation to really focus. :sob:

Basically success in trading is just like success in anything else its about taking small steps prepare your self start your day deligently for the whole day keep the routine for next day

1 Like

One has to work on that, there is really no other choice.

1 Like

For me, motivation is money in my account. It’s hard to live without money.

1 Like

I agree. That will be my goal in the coming year. :blush:

I wish you all the success then!

1 Like

My responsibilities to my family keep me motivated. I’m not driven by greed or particularly by material possessions but more driven wanting to provide and not leave them wanting. I see trading as an extra source of income which if successful will mean I get to treat my family to more things that they want.

2 Likes

I havent read the rest of this thread so maybe what im about to say has already been said.

But first off go back to demo and stay there - for the forseeable.

You cannot be a good trader if you think u are a bad trader, aint gonna happen.

Or as einstein said - you cant solve a problem from being on the same level as the problem.

If you trade on demo, until without a shadow of a doubt you have developed the mindset of a winning trader you will come out the other side.

That may take a long time, but the patience you show will pay 100 fold.

I am aware that trading on demo for so long is a tall order, because you have got skin in the game.

But that is what a winner would do.

If you treat this as a long term life changing project you can do it, - your small failings at trading so far, are quite small, you should count yourself lucky your tuition fee has been some both in terms of money and time.

Its also quite possible your heart really isnt into trading, which is fine, but really anyone who wants to succeed at this will put in graft and grunt work to succeed.

Motivation is overrated, dragging yourself to the screen each day to backtest, trade on demo while developing pattern recognition skills is what will make you a winner, maybe even a market wizard

3 Likes

Thanks @mlawson71! I wish you all the success too. :blush:

1 Like

Oh Yes this moral support is vey important for any trader. If you and your family understand forex trading they support you well as well as can give you a nice advice to remain away from urgent activities that goes towards greed . Then you will be bound in a sense that you loveones are saying you the right things. That is a great motivation for a trader.

I agree. Trading is often a lonely occupation which just makes the anxiety it causes worse. Having moral support to alleviate that is very helpful.

Consider trading as a learning experience rather than an investment. Forex trading is a humongous field for learning. When you have the zeal to learn something new on a daily basis, you will automatically get motivated. A daily learning experience is the best source of motivation for a person. Learning results in the experience and experience make you confident about trading. So, learning is the main source of motivation in trading.

1 Like

I am not giving my self the option of giving up. This is something that i must master, i am currently mastering, and will continue to do so.
I don’t care if it takes 3 months, or 20 years, i will master forex trading, cause it’s the one thing that truly gives me hope for the future.

5 Likes

love your positive attitude! I’m the same way. I already told myself this is what I was going to master. As long as you believe it will happen then it eventually WILL

2 Likes

That is a really positive attitude! I confess that sometimes I struggle with that.

1 Like