How do you keep being motivated?

Personally I started trading because I stay home and take care of my kids and it seemed like a good option as something to help bring in extra income. After a while, it started to help with bills and we are able to live a less stressful life and spoil our kids at Christmastime, so that motivates me. Also the fact that over the years I will hopefully become better and can teach my kids to trade one day so that they don’t have to work or can benefit from the extra money.

1 Like

I think you should take a break from trading for a while. This will allow you to clear your head and come back with a fresh perspective.

1 Like

Yup, that will do it too. Not seeing the coin is a big let down after watching YT traders tell you how easy it is.

passion for trading keeps me motivated

The urge to excel in trading keeps me motivated all the time.

I think the main reason for losing interest is not being able to get desired returns. In your case it also seems that you are struggling to find good trades. If that is the case, you will need to learn more and then start again. You can use demo trading to practice different entry points in order to learn.

Before I started trading I was doing a job which I didn’t like. I never wanted to work under any boss, and wanted me to be my boss. This has kept motivating me throughout the journey of trading.

I’m always afraid of losing something. Can somebody advise me on what I should do?

Good, my situation was a lot like yours. I have lost a lot but I have not given up forex trading. Because I believe if one can make a profit from forex trading, I can too.

1 Like

You need to keep patience, you must learn that even if you lose in forex then it will also help you to improve your trading strategies.

Take some time away and explore some other things to do with your money. Burnout is common in trading and nothing to be ashamed of.

My main driver is paving the way for my son and daughter ro hopefully do this if they so wish .
Gym time to blow off steam keep fit :muscle:
Eating out at my favourite restaurant with my wife and a nice glass of wine :wine_glass:

Well that’s great, my aim is to travel wherever I want and to be independent which keeps me motivated all the time.

There is no doubt that emotions are difficult to manage at times. There is a plethora of emotions that traders feel while trading. Some of these include fear, greed, anxiety and anger. Also, consequent losses can often lead to disappointments which further leads to lack of motivation. Since failure is unavoidable, it is essential for traders to practise a few techniques to maintain stability such as meditation, maintaining a trading journal, devising strategies that work for you, keeping in check with the time frames as well as prevailing trends to minimise losses etc. Believing in long-term goals also keeps traders motivated at times.

Only those traders win in the forex market who are able to mange these emotions properly.

It’s tough to stay motivated all of the time… I found the best way is through routine.

I have made peace with the fact that losses are a part of my trading career. As I can’t move ahead without them, I have started accepting them with open arms but try my best not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Keeping yourself motivated is also a task in itself. There often comes a time when you feel like you have been losing for a while now which demotivates you to continue trading. I try looking at all the lost trades to figure out the mistakes. If the losses are too much then I shift back on a demo account to recover my confidence once again.

Thought of earning via learning keeps me motivated.

Money - that is the best motivation for the vast majority of traders. I think even those who say they aren’t trading for the money are considering them despite everything.