How do you keep yourself busy when you don’t see any trade set-ups?

What do you usually do to occupy yourself when there are no trade opportunities?

1 Like

Search other pairs in my list.

If none…well, I’m not consistently profitable yet, so I keep studying. Some people just live their life. There’s life outside the charts. haha

Go workout, walk the dog, play with your kids, paint the living room, re-shingle the roof, unclog the toilet in the guesthouse that your cousin clogged up last week, make a scrap book, check up on your pot roast in the oven, change the light bulb that went out on the back porch, write a letter to your friend in jail, watch the Simpsons, finish up that project for work, practice your lightsaber skills, compile a list of supplies for that mini rocket you’ve always wanted to build, feed a stray cat, change the baby’s diaper.

You can also backup your hard drive, study spanish, cloud gaze, take a walk in the park, work on that one-man opera you’ve been meaning to write, prank call your mother, check the tire pressure on your car, read a book, do the laundry, throw water balloons at unsuspecting pedestrians, plan your next vacation, devise a plan to punish whoever keeps eating your lunch at work, bird-watch, make hand-made pasta, brush the dogs’ teeth, practice the harmonica, pick a street fight, skip rocks at the nearby pond, invite some friends out to eat, go to the archery range…

Or just take a nap.

6 Likes

I get exercise. Preferably out in the countryside, occasionally on the coast within sight of the sea. This has definite indirect benefits for trading, in fact for all mental (and obviously physical) activities.

Otherwise I’m into ARMA 3.

3 Likes

That’s a looot! I’m also studying Spanish! Como vas tu Español?

1 Like

yo speako mucho bien merci!

1 Like

I do many things according to necessity but most of the time I spend time in watching video tutorials.

Ahh, what kind of video tutorials do you watch? Are they related to trading?

Actually I don’t trade consistently because consistent trading creates a pressure for traders. If I profit, I take a day rest.

play with myDemo account

I frequently take a break from trading because it keeps me mentally fit because consistent trading makes my temper hot.

I simply skip trading when there is no opportunity for trading. Thinking to earn from a calm market is just a waste of time.

Generally, when I see there is no trading opportunities available, I watch movies, brows social media and watch videos on YouTube.

LOL love it! :rofl:

1 Like