How do you stop argumentative individuals from posting in your thread?

I’ve been here a short time and already have someone trashing my thread. How do I stop this individual from posting in my thread?

You ignore them

1 Like

Yes exactly FXseb1, however I will add for the brash “indi” that this is a community of forex traders to learn forex trading and help others were possible.

I do apologize that you have mistaken my good intentions.

The Shadow knows

Did you try reporting them to the moderators?

Before the forum was redesigned, you could block these people from reading or posting on your threads.
Any chance of bringing this back, admin?

3 Likes

Eddieb, censorship is not a good thing no matter how it is sliced. BP is a free open website dedicated to educating and sharing and is well monitored.

Before folks get their nose bent out of shape, they should look at the alleged offending poster if a complaint is filed. Did the accused violate any of the TOSS, were the posts harmful to the community, was the complainer being rational in their position or just having a bad day and so on.

At any rate almost all folks here are decent and respectful along with being a “free” educational community of which all can be proud to be part of.

They’re probably trashing it for a reason. So read their comments and learn from them. You can’t have people who agree with you all the time, you’ll never be successful. You need people questioning what you’re doing and why you’re doing it all the time so you can adapt and grow.

1 Like

I wouldnt disagree, but we have had so many scammers here over the years that I chose to block them so that they couldnt use any of my threads as a platform to sell their snake oil on

Your assumption is interesting and suggests you didn’t read the interaction. When criticism is truly constructive then we can learn. I’m happy to answer sincere questions about my method. In this case there was no question just an attention seeking comment of no value and with an argumentative undertone of no value. After engaging the offender the response was inappropriate and unrelated to the content and context of the thread and with continued argumentativeness.

1 Like

You assumed correct. I always find any argument is because someone questioned or commented on what someone has wrote. Where is the comment in question?

Rickster99 the offending individual seems to have moved on so rather than perpetuate the issue with more post I’ll drop here and move on. Take care.