How is alpari?

I am new into this ‘spot’ stuff. Just tired of the demo business, so i want to go live. I actually used fxdd and alpari for the demo stuff. However, i have a problem with this saying that " brokers are fairer when it comes to demo". Thats why i need a live traders opinion on alpari. Personally i like the platform but dont want to act based on my passion.

Alpari market maker (mini) account experience so far: Not bad if I look for trading. I guess a bit stop hunting, but only in the few pips range. If you don’t bother about 5 pips this is no issue. What I can see, more or less every market maker does it. They have an ECB account as well if you want that. No withdrawal so far, but they are under the FSA regulation. Don’t expect worries here. I get a daily report via email. Very nice. Not always the best connection, but that might be related to my net provider.

Only drawback so far I see in the high deposit/withdrawal fees. Deposit via wire transfer from European bank took 1.7%. I expect the same vice versa.

Demo and Live are too pair of shoes. The live account is way more active, what I can see. But if you prefer swing trading, this is no issue. I don’t know if scalpers would be happy.

Hi,

I signed up with Alpari UK a few weeks ago for a micro account, and I have to say I’m pretty disappointed so far.

First of all, they forgot to mention that even though I live in the EU, I will be unable to fund my account with a credit card. I only found this out when I wanted to actually put money in. Ah well, okay then, let’s try wire transfer. It’s slower, but what the heck, that seems to be the only way… They DID say there will be banking fees, but they did not say it will be 7,5%… I was a bit shocked when I saw how little of my transferred money ended up in my account.

As for speed, they have really fast servers, even the demo is really good.

Also excellent customer service, I always got replies within a business day.

Overall I’m still not satisfied.

I have a small live acct with the other demo you had - FXDD. I am very satisfied with them although their spreads while ok are not great. No requotes like I had with IBFX and you get a daily automatic statement. In my opinion Oanda is still the best.

They don’t have metatrader support, like Alpari, do they?

No, their platform is Java.