How is Forex taxed in the Netherlands?

Found some source saying in case it is your fulltime job it can be as low as a few percent of your net worth each year, can someone who knows help?

Hi :slight_smile: , I think you should ask bookkeeper in the Netherlands. Regards Greg

I won’t suggest you search for taxes here or anywhere online. You better get in touch with an accountant to get clear information.

As I am Dutch I also researched it and yes that is true. However it is always good to ask an accountant, as it can change depending on your personal situation. Let them double check it for you.

In general an individual will not have to pay tax on capital gains. So if the main residence is sold or shares are sold the profit is not taxable. This is different if the transaction(s) exceed(s) normal asset management. In that case the capital gain is treated as income from other activities or even business income.

Relevant are: the number of transactions -> the more transactions the sooner it is assumed that activities exceed normal asset management; number of assets owned -> owning 10 properties can still be seen as an investment or even more, but on the other hand 3 huge properties may not if again a lot of personal time is invested to maintain these properties.