How is forex trading different from gambling?

i think your correct ,for some it is gambling and others a way to make money.Hopefully you find your forex Trading hat and not blow account s

Forex trading is not gambling. A forex trader can trade without using any skills or knowledge to improve their probability of success, but that does not make forex trading into gambling.

The reasoning is simple - we can all drive a car - if you choose to drive it with your eyes closed that says something about you, but it says nothing about the nature of cars.

If anyone reading this thread is a new trader, do not under any circumstances let anyone convince you that trading is like gambling.

You been predantic as usual tommor, not everyone has your mindset or intellect.So if a minority make money on sports betting it shouldn’t be labelled as gambling

1 Like

Sports betting is not 100% gambling since the player’s skills and knowledge can be used to improve the probability of success.

PS: There is no “r” in pedantic.
Did you just leave that there to trap me into being pedantic? Well done, if you did, I like it.

thanks for correcting me, no i`m not that intelligent or creative, but things happen for a reason lol .I Know the point your making for example betting on sports, is entirely different to roulette cos knowledge ,strategy is void and mathematically over the length of time its impossible to win

1 Like

Im just a humble man, the wise men from above have deemed, spread betting a form of gambling

Any sort of gambling.

Trading is like some sorts of gambling but not like other sorts of gambling. It is like betting on horse races, it is not like roulette. The greater your level of skill and knowledge, the better you will perform at horse race betting. Same as in trading. No skill or knowledge will affect the outcomes of time spent at the roulette table.

1 Like

Can you tell me how much is your trading experience?

Twenty-plus years and counting.

Forex demands knowledge of analysis ( technical, fundamental, sentimental ) and a feasible strategy. You can make profits from trading if you study the market thoroughly and backtest. With gambling, you’re placing your money in hope or luck to give you profits, which rarely happens.

No! Gambing is just pure luck. In forex, you study the market and manage emotions, risks, and money to bag profits. They are both different!

In forex trading, you need to have knowledge and skills while in gambling everything is based on luck whcih doesn’t work in forex.

The amounts of money circulating in these industries are very different. The forex market sees daily trading of over 5 trillion dollars from traders from all over the world. The amounts involved in the gambling industry don 't even come close to that. This is a major differentiating factor between these two industries.

People who say trading is based on luck don’t understand trading. People who say gambling is based on luck don’t understand gambling.

Congrats for this. But with such experience you`re saying fx is kind of gambling?

There are two sorts of gambling.

For example you go to the roulette table and place your money on No.17. There is no knowledge or skill available to anyone alive that will influence the outcome of this bet. No.17 is just as likely to come up as any other number.

Example of the other type of gambling is when you bet on a football match between France and Panama. nobody alive thinks Panama has a 50% chance of winning because of the respective records and players of the two teams. This affects the outcome of the bet.

Trading is like betting on France in football. It is not like betting on No.17 in roulette.

It is not fair to compare trading with gambling. Gambling is just a game, and the result depends on sheer luck. But forex trading demands basic knowledge, skills, risk management, holding your emotions back and practice.

Forex can be liken to cambling you you pick trades without any basis.

gambling actually not a real gambling, it had its own anality imho