How long did it take?

LOL no this was way before then in a easier time

lol at least you adapted .

Needed to , I just sat down and made a business plan the same way I do for banks and forecasting etc when I had the factory. Made the rules simple but cast iron to follow and stuck to it. After a few years it built me a trading pot large enough to live off and still use the main elements of that first plan today

I Know some on here beg to differ but a bit of pain dose no harm, as long as one comes back stronger, not meaning extreme pain like losing homes or effecting others

nice you turned it round.the psychology part i think you have to dig deep maybe,.I reckon our subconscious mind effects our behaviour more than we release .Like you say you have to see it as a business long term and not to fill in other voids or get rich quick ideas

That is it , when I post my vids and get emailed etc I always say its the mind game rather than the charts that will fail you. Conquer that and you will gain better results

that why im probably intrigued by the game, whats ironic im not even materialistic could nt give a monkeys about money, having freedom nice though

Thats a good start , dont swing for the fences and trade what you see

10 months on demo… and still counting. :expressionless:

i didnt mean that to sound flippant just the challenge is as important

I agree. The emotional and psychological side of things really has a huge impact. Still trying to sort that out myself, It also might take a long time to finally figure out how not too get too affected with each trade but at the same time learn from my mistakes.

Soon as I made this my job and started to follow a business plan , using the capital as a tool rather than income it became easier as never consider the money till I bank at the end of the month.

Read or buy the audibile book

“Trading In The Zone”
By Mark Douglas

Go to youtube and watch every “psychological video” from Etienne Crete - Desire To TRADE

90% of this is your mind, how you analyze and control emotions, how you let emotions affect your processing of information.

You said a mouthful!

That’s very difficult. But definitely possible.

How long have you been in the learning process for?

I started just looking into forex and started my MT4 demo about 4 years ago before Trump was elected and I am now just becoming profitable with equities on a fidelity account and about to switch back to forex

Do you have more of a fundamental news approach or price action?

I’m mainly price action - however some fundamental events can’t be ignored.

Luckily fundamentals dont change that often - we are currently in a long term structural gold bull market as we are in a long term structural tech bull market.

I see. how long do you usually hold your trades? I like to close my trades within a few hours

@OrangeOgre

I trade daily charts mostly.

I hope to hold my trades as long as possible but with the trailing stop strategy I use the market usually kicks me out between 2 - 5 days.

On the occasions the market is being very kind I get to be in a trade about 10 days