How many lots I should use for $100 account 50:1 leverage

How many lots I should use for $100 account 50:1 leverage?

For some reason I don’t see the leverage on OANDA it just shows $100 instead of $5,000 since I have leverage of 50:1.

Dear Freda,
You can buy/sell 0,05 lots (since we are considering currency pairs and your leverage is 1:50)

1 Like

@FredaReign

You can’t see $5,000.00 because its a margin that you have, not real money.

How many lots I should use for $100 account 50:1 leverage?

My humble sugestion is to start with 0.01 and begin increasing as you growth your wealth.

Remember that leverage should be use with care, because it could be dangerous if you didn’t know how to work with it.

Always try work with percentage and never take risk more than 1% or 2% per trade or day, depending on your trading plan and goals.

I hope it could help you,
Raphael,
FXBR Team.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend trading with just a $100. The capital is too small.

I Don’t think you could open that trade with $100 capital !!!

$100 way too small. even if you had 500:1 leverage you could open that 0.05 trade but after just a few losses your OUT…!!

https://www.forex.com/en-us/support/margin-pip-calculator/

You should have asked “how long will it take to have my $100 taken of me” !!!

Answer = Not very long at all if your asking Questions like this. Sorry…!!

At 500 to 1, 0.05 lots of EURUSD requires only approx $11.00 of margin, but at 50:1 it requires slightly more than $100 of margin.

Yeah like I said you could open it !!
But if it went down 50 pips that’s half the capital gone

I really don’t want to teach you anything or discuss anything with you. Everything I say to you all that you do is argue argue argue.

It’s not terribly stimulating on the intellectual channel.

It’s not productive in the programming department.

I do wish you well.

No worries mate

Good luck to you

1 Like

Use moderate leverage in your trading to stay out of risk. According to account types, this leverage amount varies.

Avoid high leverage as much as possible because it will dump you. Low leverage will give you profit on average.

High leverage can take your capital. So, it’s not recommended for you to take high leverage in trading especially when you have a $100 capital.