How many Oscillators and Indicators should you have on your chart?

@TradingPanda
Cheese Meat is when you have a sausage or a pattie that is filled with Cheese hehe

My bad
i have put in the comma

i apologize for the deep insult :stuck_out_tongue:

I use stochastic to only see where a good entry point is, other than that I don’t base my trades on it too much.

I do not think there is a solid answer of this. It is all about what works for you. Some use 2 or three indicators, some use many and some are none. I usually use 3 indicators at a time. I have different combination of indicators. According to the market I use those combination. But usually it is maximum 3 indicators at a time.

You probably don’t want your charts looking like this. :joy:

3 Likes

1 oscillator, Macd Cross. 2 Indicator 200EMA and 50 EMA. Volume for reference.

I have 4 stochastics, 7 MA’s, 2 BB’s, 3 MTF ocillators, Pivot points, inbetween pivot points, MACD, Trend indicator,

Thats about it,

4+7+2+3+1+1+1+1= 20 Indicators

You forgot the partridge in a pear tree

Seriously though, how on earth do you make sense of your charts with all those lagging indicators?

That’s not enough! You need to double the indicators.

2 Likes

hehe

@tc112016

I don’t see any problem here. Everyone can choose oneself what and how many additional options to install. You can trade in profit with two options.

3 Likes

Smart well put :smiley:

I use stocastic or RSI to confirm my idea of the trand. In chart I draw my lines of support and resistence to individuate price prediction and possible stop loss and take profit points (sometimes Pivot or Fibonacci help me).
But first of all I look if ichimoku or bollinger or ema can works on my specifically chart. Sometimes these following good the price and are interesting for the analisys.
In my intraday strategy I give little space at the candlesticks pattern.
Sorry for my english.

I trade naked.
There is nothing better. Indicators just screws things up when you end up in a cycle where they dont work.
Indicators works best for the brokers. Thats why they supply them.

Mate, … Mate.
we don’t need to know that

this is a public forum
whatever you do to help you win while trading is your thing

sure, this post is for sharing our strategies, but THERE ARE LIMITS TO WHAT YOU CAN POST MATE hehe
Cmon mate
there are 14 year old kids here :stuck_out_tongue:

man… i don’t even want no jello now
who’s gonna enjoy jello after you posted this

I GOTTA ADMIT THOUGH
it takes a real man to admit that he trades naked

LMFAO :stuck_out_tongue:

I only use one indicator which is Ichimoku Cloud

1 Like

Well the more you have them on your trading chart the harder understand their interaction and the less valuable information you will get from them. Every indicator is responsible for characterizing specific pattern backed by historical analysis and you can use them as complement to evaluate bullishness or bearishness of the market.

You are not recommended to rely solely on signals from them because markets are driven by change in expectations first and then by other secondary catalysts

If you’re going to trade with one indicator on your charts, I think that’s a very good one to choose.

And all the more so, if you’re imaginative and inventive at experimenting with different settings to find something appropriate to forex (rather than for the stock charts for which it was originally used).

1 Like

Eur/Usd - most traded pair.

European morning, time for a set up.

Last day of week, a day to make some money.

Have posted this a few times, it’s a spoof catcher on DT’s and DB’s, an oscillator invented by an old guy using logic 101 - no indicator based on itself is logical, it’s like trying to lift yourself by your boot laces.

Eur/Usd yesterday, first based on USDX:

And same chart, now based on US10yr and DE10yr - (logic 101)

Maybe boring, think I’ve posted this too often.

Anyways, in the olden days everyone was naked, then it became non pc, so they sought out all sorts of covers, then which was best, now it’s full circle.

1 Like

Aha, I hear my old friend say, so you have posted a hr1, but what about the close, the time to shut up the shop, I see a hammer, all well and good, but any indie to show that the hammer was going to form?

In the olden days I’d say, nah, they’ve gone to the pub (bar), maybe left a junior to keep shop, but nothing much would happen.

Now, in the computer age, junior also comes to the pub, the algo keeps shop, he/she/it switches down the t/f, best recorded in a 15min (the algo lives in the now t/f)

Eur/Usd 15min formation of hammer: