How Millennials became the Burnout Generation

Whenever I check out my social media accounts, I always see my friends joking about wanting to end everything already cause they’re just sooo burned out. :frowning: :frowning: I’m a millennial and people often say that we’re spoiled, lazy, snowflakes, you name it. Haha. And I hate to admit it, but I totally understand where everyone’s coming from! :frowning: :open_mouth:

If you have time to spare, you might want to check this out. :thinking: It’s a long read, but this article was a pretty interesting. :thinking:

It all started to go wrong when self-serving parents became convinced they should tell each other that pregnant women should be worshipped, that babies were miracles, that all children were special, and that teenagers were the future salvation of democracy and the planet.

This of course is more than flattering to the parents, but if a young person is inculcated with this tosh from the day they’re born, they’re not going to want to bother with mundane stuff like getting a job or turning up to the office on time or ironing their shirts. Anything that isn’t worth a pic or a clip or a tweet is going to seem a terrible disappointment.

On a mundane level, to-do lists are a terrible way to manage time. They always lead to stress and disappointment.