How much george soros used leverage for big trades

hey this is my first post in this forum , guys i want to know that how much george soros used leverage in big trades like he did in black wednesday 1992 , he almost trade 10 billion dollar in single trade . so how much pips it take to reach 1 billion in one day … please help me thanks in advance

I have no idea what leverage George Soros used, if any. But one thing is certain, it takes great skill to move Sterling in the way that he did!

I can’t imagine what you hope to gain from your inquiry? Unless you have a VERY considerable bank roll? :32: and at least Level II, preferably Level III access? I’d imagine if you have both you’d not need to ask this question here.

+1 on that. Soros is using leverage for sure, but how much is his business. He has displayed time and time that he knows how to trade. For any trader it should not matter what another trader does. Focus on your own trading and develop your own strategy.

Why do you even care ??? You have some large funds like 10 Billion ??

Soros didn’t move the sterling. He predicted that the crazy high interest rate of the BoE would hurt asset prices and would have to be reduced. He also predicted that with the devalued currency, british stock would increase. He made both bets simultaneously, and got a nice reward for it. He never traded with a large enough amount to move the sterling (not that I think this could even be possible unless you are a central bank).

1 Like

I’m not sure, and I don’t think anyone except Soros himself knows. If you ask him nicely though, he might login into his MT4 account and show you his trade. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:smiley: Haha

That’ll be the day!

It pays to be very inquisitive sometimes. Like everyone else, I don’t know why you asked this questions. However, I won’t underestimate you. Maybe you have such cash available. But if I had such money, why would I trade? I’ll just relax somewhere and enjoy my bit by bit till I grow old and die…lol

Thank you for the insight.

He didn’t move it alone, but he convinced many people that the peg was unsustainable and the pound would collapse when the BoE couldn’t afford to keep manipulating the price to achieve this. Lots of traders followed his position to trade the GBP short this meant that it happened even faster/bigger.

This is how I remember reading an article on the situation. It was before my time.

Are you insane it was MT2 back then…lol