How much is the minimum capital to invest?

but most of the traders above all beginners don’t serious when demo trading , because they don’t believe the importance of this trading place at all.

If you want to turn trading into your main source of income, with the intent of living off it, then the bare minimum is 50.000 in my opinion. You can’t make a serious income without trading standard lots, and you can’t trade standard lots with less than 50.000 - unless you ditch away risk management, but then you can do that with 100 bucks.

If you want to earn some money to set aside, then anything between 2000 and 500 would do fine. You can expect to make up to 50 bucks a week - best case scenario.

If all you want to do is learn, but you don’t want to demo trade because you feel like you’re lacking the psychological aspect of having real money on the line, then 100 bucks is also okay. Just assume you’ve already lost it all.

1 Like

Sounds about right to me (depending on where you live, I suppose).

If you start with $50,000 and can join the tiny minority who can make a steady 5% per month, that would bring in an average of $2,500 per month … probably not enough to replace a full-time living (in most countries) but kind of “getting there” with grounds for optimism, anyway.

But the proportion of would-be traders who get as far as managing that 5% per month profit steadily is really, really small.

1 Like

its a good calculation but have you applied already this approach in your trading career ?

according to my trading experience, i think any calculation can be achieved with successfully if there is good knowledge and long time experience.

According to me the minimum is what you can afford to lose. We should never put more than any amount that we cannot bear if lost. I am seeing many adverts that Forex is just copy paste and you can make 10K a month, that is purely nonsense.

1 Like

minimum investment sometimes can be a great issue, i always prefer minor investment even though there is a god knowledge and experience. because, there is nothing 100% in Forex trading.

start with DEMO … my advice :slight_smile: otherwise you can start with 1$ :)) but you will hardly make any money … what broker do you use?

i agree with you … :slight_smile:

because it is different on real account

Hmmm. I would tend to suggest that should actually be the maximum…?

1 Like

do you like micro account sometimes instead of demo ? because , sometimes we lost motivation after passing some steps in here .

before demo trading i don’t recommend at all micro account , this approach can make beginner emotional and greedy when trading practically.

The best idea is to use the money you won’t feel sorry for in case you lose while tradig on forex. The thing is, you are most likely to loose this money, are especially if you are new here.

1 Like

I always advise the new traders to invest that money on this market which is not of their regular use and which will not effect their daily budget. If you have a good strategy and market knowledge then you can start with the smaller capital account. But larger investments have their own importance as well.

Yes learning strategy and skill is a lengthy period , Before this stage trader has to decide how much he should invest. His early investment can be little because he is getting experience. Then he can decide for high or affordable investment when his trading is really resulting in good.

its a complicated issue , with powerful strategy there is a chance to survive in here with lowest capital but not for all time , market is much volatile and of course we have to ensure large capital if we want to sustain here with successfully.

Many are not ready to move slowly with micro account, even when they have great strategy- greed

Whatever minimum amount you are willing to lose. Your appetite for risk comes into play here. So, minimum capital investment will be different for everyone.

No amount one should be willing to lose. Just learn how to trade well