How much money did you start trading with? when you first started trading

To start trading you don’t need to have a lot of money, the money you need for it will depend a lot on the investment strategy you choose.
only invest the money that in case of losing will not harm your life

Same. I started with a micro account.

Yeah starting off with a smaller amount is always a better and a safe option. That’s what i did.

After how many months?

What & what did you do differently before you started being profitable consistently.

Please educate me how many months did you achieve that and what was your strategy?

Yes micro accounts are good options.

I started operating with 50 Euros, about a year ago

It doesn’t always make practical problems if you start with a small account, though some strategies would be hard to implement - those that require multiple positions and additional orders for example might quickly bump up against margin restrictions - especially so here in the UK where leverage on the majors has reduced to 1:30.

The more serious issues are psychological -

1. will you take losses seriously enough?
  2. will the winners be impressive enough in financial terms to keep you involved?

Lot of people think that if you put £10k into an account, then you are risking £10k. Actually, when first trading with real money, one trade at a time is sufficient and the max. risk on this if the stop-loss is hit should be 2% - £200. In the UK losses on trades cannot push you into a negative account balance.

I hope an year of trading brought good returns for you.

I also started with $ 50

But I lost my money, and deposit more than $200

I started with $500 so that I could see how everything works. I traded with micro lots and gradually added more money to my account. It’s always advisable to start with a smaller amount to be on a safer side. Hope you have good returns after sometime in trading :slight_smile:

Yep - taking the same route

wouldn’t say i’m consistently profitable just yet, but focusing on my downside has made a huge difference/brought improvement. it helps me take some emotion out of it

With 5 dollars

Honestly, at the beginning I didn’t want to risk too much, so I started with 100$

1 Like

Great. I believe beginners shouldn’t risk more than that, given their limited knowledge about the forex markets.

I am a beginner
I have a question
Did you studied the course on babypips and became successful trading on your own?

As a new trader, I always suggest doing demo practice. However, after doing the demo practice, I will tell him to deposit a little money and trade. It may be that after investing this money up to 500-1000 you will follow Money Management and Risk Management and trade. And always try to maintain discipline.