How my week went, if your interested

Well the week ended well, decided that all done and dusted by the time NYSE opened, local time here 02.00 p.m.
Thursday night to Friday, had best run placed 8 trades 6 came good, closed 2 lost momentum up 555 pips on the 6, loss 25.5 pips on 2 trades.
From the 15th 22 successful trades, 8 losers.
Pips 1128 gross, losses 258.3 = 869.7 pips up for week.
The beginning of the week a bit up and down, a lot of trades going sideways, especially in the Asian markets, closed for small gains.
Commodities kicked in mid week, oil, stock markets, great momentum, and trending in right directions.
Let me know how you did?
Have a great weekend, and have a profitable trading time till the end of the month.

2 Likes

Im interested, even more so about how you trade. Mind sharing it bro? Many thanks

1 Like

OK, let me start by saying I’m no trading guru with a magic formula, also let me tell you I do use a system to aid me, but it has taken me 10 months even with that to get to this point.
The system is evolving and to be honest i stood till for 8 months with it, however recently it was upgraded and I went from end of day trading and a few 4 hours signals to trading a lot more 4 hour, plus 2 additional end of day strategies if I needed if didn’t have the time during the day, luckily for me I run a business and it allows me the luxury to trade 10.00, 14.00, 18.00 and 22.00.
That said a lot of trades are produced and still need to analyse the information and decide whether i pull the trigger, plus I have the discretion to place the SL and whether I enter a candle on the open or the close.
I know you will get people say that you shouldn’t buy into these automated systems, however I followed and researched the company for around 10 years, only trading demo accounts myself and like most people having some success, then giving up for a while, but never having the courage to put real money in.
I semi retired a couple of years ago, before coming back into business and it was in second year I decided to bite the bullet and spend some money.
What you see is 10 months of ups and downs, reading, learning about FX and markets, Covid probably was a bonus for me as it allowed me to really knuckle down and develop my trading plan , trading log and implement the strategy.
Having read into the markets what this system does it allows me to compete on a level playing field, it’s not perfect because it does require human input and emotions, and most of my losing trades are my human emotion and instinct getting in the way, in other words i try to buck the trend, and it still needs managing as any other trade does, I need to know when to get out, when to dump a losing trade, but the if you take this month so far 61 winning trades, 21 losers, which if I had been more disciplined would probably be more like 9 losers.
I haven’t come on here to brag about my success I’m still learning in fact I only came across babypips because I had purchased and was reading a Dummies book on trading FX.
But I did want to show people that with perseverance, and aid if you need it,and learning constantly you can be successful at trading.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

Nice work, well done…

1 Like

I can relate. I never knew anything about trading. I thought it was something for rich people.

A friend told me about the movie The Big Short. I watched it and enjoyed it.

Then, right around Christmas time 2019, I watched it again. And everytime they used terminology I didn’t understand, I ordered a book about it.

And whenever you look up one book, there are related books and recommended books.

So, I ordered a bunch of books. I ordered a forex book and a TA book. At the same time, I found Babypips.

So, here I am!

1 Like

Well done on the PIPS.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it bro, doesn’t sound to me like you’re bragging but rather inspiring haha. Alright, on with strategy then :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, hopefully it helps.

Thanks, hopefully others will find it helpful and hopefully post their weeks trading, good or bad.

Thanks mate, I’d like to see others post results to see the good and the bad weeks, I will post some some technical tips I’ve learnt, which I have used in the past to check my trades, probably old hat to some but hopefully anyone new may pick something up.

Are you trading demo’s or live or just learning?

Thanks, hopefully pass on some useful info as I go along.

It’s great to have a look at how your week went in trading. It somehow helps other people to gain some knowledge from different traders’ trades.

I don’t mind posting my weeks trades and experiences weekly as long as it doesn’t bore the pants off everyone, also I don’t mind showing my bad weeks as well as good, hopefully it will show traders especially anyone new that we are all human, apart from those using AI and bots.